cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vax Passports

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

This post is intended as a heads-up to those heading north in the next while. If it is used to to comment on your particular beliefs..it will get taken down. Please try to respect the intent to our fellow travellers.

Vaccine Passports coming to BC and Quebec.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/343713/Restaurants-react-to-provincial-mandate-that-patrons-wil...

https://globalnews.ca/news/8133780/bc-proof-vaccination-program/

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
62 REPLIES 62

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
canuck 1,

Did you get a polio vaccination as a child?

Don't play the "rights and freedoms" card. It has already been invalidated by the courts.

Worse than getting a vaccination--I was forced to write a written exam and do a drivers test. It took six months of practise and a driver's education course.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
canuck 1 wrote:
Get the vax, don't get the vax, either way it is none of anyone's business or do they have the right to ask.

Due to your obvious lack of education I'll point out too you why your lack of vaccination endangers all around you.

Typhoid Mary

canuck_1
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
canuck 1,

I'm pleased to have the Saskatchewan "wallet" vax pass on my cell phone.

You don't have to have it. But you won't be getting into a restaurant without it, either. It is a "one two" punch as photo id is also needed.

I don't see it any differently than having a car license, and car insurance.

And that is your right to choose to provide these "papers", did they give you a shot to get your drivers licence? Insurance?

canuck_1
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
canuck 1 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Got our passports yesterday. Good to go. Woohoo. Headed for the island in a week or two depending on weather. Scouting out the camping trip for next year thru gold country route up thru Princeton etc. Should be fun.
Vaccination + Passport = Freedom :B

Sounds like anything but freedom

I presume you are far too young to have any personal knowledge of the time when tuberculosis was a burden on our society even here in North America.

Google it, it wasn’t a good period, and it’s still not completely gone.

You have presumed wrong, TB or the Spanish flu are in no way comparable. Get the vax, don't get the vax, either way it is none of anyone's business or do they have the right to ask.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
canuck 1,

I'm pleased to have the Saskatchewan "wallet" vax pass on my cell phone.

You don't have to have it. But you won't be getting into a restaurant without it, either. It is a "one two" punch as photo id is also needed.

I don't see it any differently than having a car license, and car insurance.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
canuck 1 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Got our passports yesterday. Good to go. Woohoo. Headed for the island in a week or two depending on weather. Scouting out the camping trip for next year thru gold country route up thru Princeton etc. Should be fun.

I presume you are far too young to have any personal knowledge of the time when tuberculosis was a burden on our society even here in North America.

Google it, it wasn’t a good period, and it’s still not completely gone.

canuck_1
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Reisender wrote:

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
The American version is soon to be announced. The White House has already stated it will likely be prerequisite to border opening.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
time2roll wrote:
Reisender wrote:

So ewe can travel again!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We should not complain about 'travel passports'. There was a time when we had to have visas & shots for things like polio before we could go anywhere just about.

A requirement for being vaccinated, or at the very least proof of a negative covid test, will be the norm. Nobody likes it, but we don't get to make the rules.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
JaxDad wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
Last update. You are still at risk to catch, and spread covid as if you were not vaccinated. Per the CDC.
This statement seems to imply the risk is equal if you are vaccinated or not.... and I understand that is false.

Catch? Yes, but the difference between how it impacts vax’d and un vax’d people is HUGE.
Unvaccinated are 5x more likely to catch Covid. 11x more likely to die.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09/unvaccinated-are-5x-more-likely-to-catch-delta-11x-more-like...

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reisender wrote:

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm perfectly fine with presenting proof of vaccination when entering Canada. There is a great restaurant in Windsor that I have always loved and still visit when staying in the Downriver area of Michigan.

I certainly don't want to get full blown Covid just like I don't want to get Shingles, Polio, Tetanus, or a myriad of other preventable diseases I've been vaccinated for. I feel lucky to live in such a time that we can act quickly against something as deadly as Covid can be.

And it is true that vaccinated people can still shed the virus - so that is why I wear a mask in public - masks are for everyone else's protection as well as my own. But even if I do catch it, I'm way less fearful that it could lead to my death.

Advances in medicine should be celebrated - not feared.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS