cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA to pigeon forge

Barelhrse3
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip from Zuni, VA to Pigron Forge. We are looking for the easiest drive up the mountains. We went to Cherokee 2 years ago and it was scary making the ascent on 40. Looking into truck routes but wanted to see if you all could recommend the way with the least steep inclines! Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think after this location I would go 460 to Petersburg, north on I-95 to the bypass around Richmond then take I-64 over to I-81 and head South to exit 407, 66-441 into Pigeon Forge. I think this takes you right to your camp ground

Barelhrse3
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I go to Pigeon Forge a lot but where is Zuni, VA? 81 sure is no where near Richmond as someone suggests. But if you are going down I-81 just go to exit 407 (66-441) which takes you straight to Pigeon Forge. As far as getting from Zuni, its not even listed on the VA map so I couldn't help.

Zuni is a blip on the map lol don’t blink you’ll absolutely miss it. It’s along 460- we’re half a mile from it actually.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I go to Pigeon Forge a lot but where is Zuni, VA? 81 sure is no where near Richmond as someone suggests. But if you are going down I-81 just go to exit 407 (66-441) which takes you straight to Pigeon Forge. As far as getting from Zuni, its not even listed on the VA map so I couldn't help.
Zuni is basically a wide spot on 460, NW of Suffolk or SE of Petersburg.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Head up to Richmond and pick up 81....it's the flattest route I see. Yes it adds time and miles but if you prefer flat there's your route.

Barelhrse3
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing per se. Just so steep when you’re hauling a 42 ft toy hauler and I’m a Florida born and bred girl lol we don’t even have hills! 🙂

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I haven't done it, but What's wrong with 460 to 81 to 66 ?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Birdnst
Explorer
Explorer
From Poquoson I always do 64 to 81 to 40 and to up the creek campground.
6 cylinder ecoboost max towing package and 36ft travel trailer.
Have done this many times. I know north before southwest.
If you cannot take good care of what you have, you will not have anything good for very long!!!