cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US 54 NM

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone ever take US 54 from Santa Rose, NM to Las Cruces? What kind of road is it? It looks good on google map.
7 REPLIES 7

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
It is a good road. Left Santa Rosa this morning on US-54 and I'm in Alamogordo tonight heading for Las Cruces in the morning pulling my 40' 5er.
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
The construction on 54 between Tularosa and Alamogordo is only about a mile long ....no problem at all. 54 is a good road.

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis M M wrote:
Never tried 54, but if you are coming from the East we always take I-27 South out of Amarillo to US 60, then pick up US 70 in Clovis. Good road, almost all four lane with very little traffic.

That sounds like a good road, several rv campgrounds in Clovis, might try that way.

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
frizzen wrote:
There was some construction south of Carizozo with 45 mph speed limit earlier in the summer. Other than that it's good road. 54 will take you to Alamogordo. At the north end of Alamo take the relief route down to US 70 to go to Las Cruces.

If you need a dump station there is a free one in downtown Alamogordo. It is at the south end of the park that is on the west side of the road.

Agree with the above. NM DOT site link claims the construction is finished south of Carrizozo but has some listed near Vaughn and between Alamagordo and Tularosa.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Never tried 54, but if you are coming from the East we always take I-27 South out of Amarillo to US 60, then pick up US 70 in Clovis. Good road, almost all four lane with very little traffic.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer
There was some construction south of Carizozo with 45 mph speed limit earlier in the summer. Other than that it's good road. 54 will take you to Alamogordo. At the north end of Alamo take the relief route down to US 70 to go to Las Cruces.

If you need a dump station there is a free one in downtown Alamogordo. It is at the south end of the park that is on the west side of the road.
I need some wild

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
been a while but yes its good road. 2 & 4 lane stretches, good scenery