cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travelling from Calgary to Vancouver

Brett_G
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, my wife and I are travelling through the Rockies. We would really like to find nice places to stop and Boondock. or nice campgrounds that will hold our 40 foot rig.
Can you help us? Please and thank you.??
8 REPLIES 8

Brett_G
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much. I will check a lot of those spots out.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like to use BC Prov. Parks. They are easy to find. Sites are usually well separated and spacious ('industrial quality pads). And many have trails for after dinner hiking. But they aren't free.

There are also BC 'rec sites', formerly forestry ones. Their quality varies, as is accessibility. In the past I've used Backroads Mapbooks to find those. But those are better for pickup campers seeking out of the way spots.

I third Lamplighter.

The people there are amazing and over the top helpful.

We got towed into Revelstoke last summer after a major engine breakdown on the Roger's Pass. We stayed 2 weeks at the Lamplighter.
I just can't say enough good about the owners, their staff and the CG itself.

They turned a negative experience into a positive one by being so accommodating for us when we showed up without a reservation. They even helped us get our TT there when we had no tow vehicle after the breakdown.

It is a small CG, but they do have several large spots that will fit a 40 foot rig. There are several pull throughs for larger units.

Definitely phone yesterday and book something if you want to go there. They may be full already.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
i second lamplighter,nice park close to everything

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
There are few places to boondock in the Rockies.

Try using the trip planner here:

https://freecampsites.net/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I traveled Route 2 across once and it was grand.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
That is a big area and you didn't give any locations but Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper all have sites big enough for you IF they haven't been reserved yet.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

morley
Explorer
Explorer
Try Lamplighter RV park in Revelstoke, Martha Creek Prov Park north of Revelstoke,
Lamplighter has services, Martha Creek doesnโ€™t.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote