Explorer
George passed away last week

See his last blog
2002 Monaco Diplomat 40'
7 REPLIES 7

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh, so you were the one! I remember when he was driving down this very rough road in Mexico, two of his solar panels flew off of Miss Tioga's roof; he stopped the RV and George had to take a walk down the road from where he had come to collect the panels and whatever hardware he had lost and started driving further to a friend's house to repair the problems. Yeah, he said he spent a couple of days there doing repairs. You were a true blue friend.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
He will be missed. I read his blog every evening. Not many left I enjoy reading.

I posted a video on my blog from YouTube he made back in 2008. He talks about how and why he did what he did. The guy had guts to travel all over Mexico and boondock in places most people would have never imagined. He showed us how safe Mexico is and that Mexicans are some of the nicest people in the world.

I believe he will become a cult figure in the Mexico rving community. We will see tributes and memorials over the next year.

Viva George, Viva Mexico!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago George spent 2 days at our house in Mexico. I put his Tioga in my shop and we fixed a whole bunch of things that were damaged in a wind storm. All I can say is that he was a character. One of a Kind!

Moisheh

Aw gee, how sad...
One of our great RV family no longer with us.

Thank you for posting this.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
So sad to hear of George's passing. I enjoyed his blog for many, many years and his meet ups. RIP George.
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Link
Bill and Joey the dog

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Jarvis1,

Thanks for letting us know.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.