cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sacramento to Redondo Beach, CA?

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be taking 99 to the 5 to the 405. What time and day would anyone suggest for this trip? My brother was just down there and said the traffic has gotten horrid! Kinda thinking on leaving Sac on Friday or Saturday at like 10 at night getting me down there in the weekend morning.
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS
2 REPLIES 2

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have lived in SoCal (LA and Orange counties) for 70 years and the traffic is always bad, except in the middle of the night. Watch out for the drunk drivers and you will be fine.

Or just dive into the daytime traffic and be prepared to spend an extra hour on the road. That's not so terrible. It's only this one time.

Think of those of us who deal with this every day of our lives. We just accept the traffic as the price of living in a place with beautiful weather and year- round camping. Mountains, deserts, beaches. Heaven on Earth, and 40 million people crammed into a crumbling freeway system.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like a solid plan,getting in the So Cal area before dawn you should be fairly good with light traffic both Saturday and Sunday

Mostly trucks at those hours I used to be one of them.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C