cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Run on gas

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Pulling TT from upstate of SC to near North Myrtle Beach. Friend advised of rumors of a run on gas in some areas due to the Ramsomware hack in the news. Anybody seeing that issue when traveling?
6 REPLIES 6

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
No issues up here thankfully.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
It will be corrected by this weekend and until then stockpiles will suffice.

chops1sc
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the midlands of SC and most of our gas stations are limiting purchases to $20. It's always something.....

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
So with a run on Toilet Paper you can store it anywhere dry. With a run on gas ..... where do you store it? Other than everybody filling up their vehicle's tanks, I doubt you will see anybody buying 500 gallon tanks to store gas next to the house.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Explorer II
Explorer II
They are trucking fuel east for now. A truck load leaves an East Texas terminal every 30 seconds but they are not sure if that will keep up with demand. Fuel will cost more in the affected areas until the pipe is flowing again and everything stabilizes.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 version of 2020 TP?

This is where market pricing can help the situation, but people get worked up over "gouging". Bringing gas in from other areas can cost more money, but nobody will due it, because they can't recoup their costs.