cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rt. 95 north

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
traveling north around Washington & Baltimore, which way should i go?
Paul127
14 REPLIES 14

Bumpyroad wrote:
I-95 at philadelphia will be closed for months
bumpy

close to 10 months to rebuild the collapsed bridge... BOTH North and South sides are being completely demolished and have to be rebuilt
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I-95 at philadelphia will be closed for months
bumpy

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I try to hit DC area late at night and go straight through on 395 to 295 North, BW Parkway to 695 East and back on I 95 and stay on I-95. I run up that way often and 95 traffic isn't really that bad if you time it right. If you exit in VA at 104 there are 60 + lights from the MD bridge to RT 50

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your opinions, all advice is helpful.
Paul127

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:
dblr wrote:
To avoid the northern Va backups and DC area you could get off at exit 104 (one above Kings Dominion) then take that road directly to 301 and follow it over the Nice bridge and the Bay Bridge until you reach Route 1 in De which ends at 95, take it north thru Wilmington and get off on Route 202 to Rt 1 south then follow to the exit for the KOA. There are traffic lights on 301 to contend with but I prefer that to the traffic on 95, also tolls on the Bay bridge and 301 by-pass in De. Good luck and safe travels.

While I agree northern VA traffic on 95 is the worst in the area.
301 is no panacea. The lights and traffic on 301 are only slightly better. The best approach would be to come thru the northern VA area midday or in the wee hours . Avoid rush hour at all cost. Weekends can be just as miserable.

Agree
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
To avoid the northern Va backups and DC area you could get off at exit 104 (one above Kings Dominion) then take that road directly to 301 and follow it over the Nice bridge and the Bay Bridge until you reach Route 1 in De which ends at 95, take it north thru Wilmington and get off on Route 202 to Rt 1 south then follow to the exit for the KOA. There are traffic lights on 301 to contend with but I prefer that to the traffic on 95, also tolls on the Bay bridge and 301 by-pass in De. Good luck and safe travels.
gets my vote. avoid I 95 in dc area as much as possible.
bumpy

Terry 25 wrote:
I do not think ford truck guy saw your correction. I'd just stay on 95 to the Baltimore beltway (I695). Take the beltway east to the Key Bridge and return to 95 on the north side of Baltimore. Propane is prohibited in the harbor tunnels thus the need to hop off 95. If you do not like bridges you could take 695 around the west side of Baltimore and avoid the bridge toll.

Thanks Terry, I just saw that !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
dblr wrote:

While I agree northern VA traffic on 95 is the worst in the area.
301 is no panacea. The lights and traffic on 301 are only slightly better. The best approach would be to come thru the northern VA area midday or in the wee hours . Avoid rush hour at all cost. Weekends can be just as miserable.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
I do not think ford truck guy saw your correction. I'd just stay on 95 to the Baltimore beltway (I695). Take the beltway east to the Key Bridge and return to 95 on the north side of Baltimore. Propane is prohibited in the harbor tunnels thus the need to hop off 95. If you do not like bridges you could take 695 around the west side of Baltimore and avoid the bridge toll.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

Paul127 wrote:
traveling north around Washington & Baltimore, which way should i go?

I take 95 right through DC, once I get to the north side, I hop contort 50 East, its about 17 miles rom the draw Bridge in DC...

Take 50E to 50E/301N towards Annopolis MD, cross the Annopolis Bay bridge and stay on 301 North... Jump onto 95 from there.. you will be directly below Wilmington DE.

jump onto 295 towards the Delaware Memorial Bridge, cross into Jersey and stay on the turnpike... take it to exit #10 which is for 287... take 287 North t0 87 N into Newburgh NY.. exit onto 84 and go East

84 East into CT, through Waterbury, through Hartford and jump onto whatever road you need depending on what part of MA you need to get to.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Made a mistake from FL Belle Parc to West Chester KOA in PA
Paul127

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
From FL. to MA
Paul127

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Where are going from and where are you going to?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund