cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rt 7 in Vermont?

Grizz1
Explorer
Explorer
I will be heading to Twin mountain in NH from NJ and was wondering how Rt 7 and rt4 are? The route I'm thinking of taking would be 87 to 787 in Troy then rt 7 to rt 4 to I91 toI93 to 302.

I could do 87 to 90 to 91 but that is a pretty boring drive.

I'm driving a 40' MH towing a Jeep.

Thanks for any insight.
4 REPLIES 4

Grizz1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone!

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Both US7 and US4 through Vermont are fine for any RV. Basically no road running east and west in Vermont is devoid of at lest some hills; that's just the way the land runs. Your proposed route is fine.

Another decent route is I-87 to exit 20, then NY 149 to US4, VT 22A north to US 7, and I-189 to I-89 south to Montpelier and US2 across from there to I-93 etc. US2 does run basically parallel (and often side by side) to I-89 for that stretch, but the interstate is easier going. US 302 through the White Mountains is a pretty road, but the Kancamagus Highway (NH 112) is even prettier in my opinion and is suitable for RVs despite being somewhat hilly and curvy.

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider taking 30 out of Manchester, then 11 through Londonderry over to 91 near Charlestown NH. That's a nice route although you can get behind some slow moving rubberneckers in leaf peep season, end Sept/early Oct.

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
We did rt 4 from I89 to lake George area this summer and it wasn't bad. A little hilly around Killington. 38' 5er. No low bridges.