cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route 212 over Bear Tooth Pass.

jomimac
Explorer
Explorer
Is Route 212 over Bear Tooth Pass in southern MT, northern WY an acceptable route for a 30' 5th wheel?
6 REPLIES 6

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lot of Jacklegs take it as a challenge or their 'right' to RV across the pass to or from Cody. Never mind the others on the road following or meeting these yahoos. We have done it a couple or three times in just a Jeep or Honda Element and it was great. Leave the RV and make the drive. In the Spring it is magnificent. Lakes up top still frozen over (quite a sight for us from the South)
Road is crooked but very doable in a normal sized vehicle.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
It is possible and I have driven that route and seen RV's in tow, as well as motorhomes. It would not be something I would do, and bet the people doing it said they would not do that again!

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
jomimac wrote:
Is Route 212 over Bear Tooth Pass in southern MT, northern WY an acceptable route for a 30' 5th wheel?

Doable - Yes

Advisable - not so Much

It is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beartooth_Highway

I'd say, if you just have to do it OK - BUT - much more enjoyable to do it in the TV and be able to SEE IT.

Chief Joseph is more easily Doable and then you can look back at the Beartooth.

Enjoy the Trip,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
It can be done! Would not be enjoyable

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
What is your definition of Acceptable? I wouldn't tow that route but I'm sure you will find others that would and have done so.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
We drove it up & back (Cody) in the Toad. Was quite crowded that day with a Very Large Motercycle Run. Good road way. Just really crowded. Beautiful drive.

TravelSave ~~ TakeCare ~~ HaveFun