cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rondeau PP

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone been to Rondeau lately? booking a long weekend there. Haven't been in quote a few years because I prefer Pinery and Wheatley in that area. Any beach left? Pinerys formally nice beach is all eroded and rocky and Wheatley's beach is always gross
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
8 REPLIES 8

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
I understand ,but this spring (wet /late) the mossies were bad in the sites with heavy vegetation and the biting flies were just getting started .
It is what it is ,the beach runs for miles and the water is warming - kids will love it.
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Not overly worried about closures. I just booked yesterday so I=I like to think they wouldn't have allowed the booking. I got site 3 which by the description/write-ups (no first hand exp we usually stay at the north end) looks to be a decent site. Rondeau has never been high on my list because of the openness (I prefer not to see my neighbors from my site) but it had a decent site open while the other area parks were booked or close to it, the beach is typically nice and its been a few years so why not try.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
welp hope not because I booked. we have an edge sight too so I guess my site is the first they will go through. that said we are usually up late and im not afraid to offer a young buck a lesson in hard knocks

if your site is one of the ones closed you would of heard from them by now, our friends were called and told that the site they booked was closed .

they were offered several other options ,and stayed the week too.
Newmar 34rsks 2008

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
just got back from a week there.
about 30% of the sites are still closed due to water damage . other wise good shape .
the roads and grounds supported my rv no problem.

beach was in use all week ,a bit skinny from low water years
Newmar 34rsks 2008

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
We live up the road and after the 2017 BS the park has really gotten it's you-know-what together however you might want to check out our park Click we have some transient lots available and I think it's the best family RV park I've seen, great for the whole family!

Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Port Burwell PP. Very nice park with a beautiful very large beach area.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
welp hope not because I booked. we have an edge sight too so I guess my site is the first they will go through. that said we are usually up late and im not afraid to offer a young buck a lesson in hard knocks

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
We havenโ€™t been in a couple of years either. The last time we were there they were having a lot of issues with theft and vandalism. The park is next to residential streets where teenage kids were coming from after dark looking for booze and anything of value. Every morning there were empty coolers strewn around and it was not from animals. It could get rowdy in the neighbourhood as well. An article from last year.

Keep your possessions hidden and locked away and let us know how it goes. Hopefully things have changed.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley