cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road work and asphalt alligators

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Headed up I-85 Thursday morning from Atlanta area to N Carolina. Traffic was not bad in Georgia. South Carolina is another matter. In the Anderson area, 85 turns into 3 lanes, still not bad.
Above Greenville to the NC state line, there is various BIG widening, new bridge and ramp construction and new intersection construction going on. Much of the route is down to the shoulder being used for part of the lane and the concrete barriers on the rest. The inside lanes are also lined with the barriers, making it essentially like driving in a ditch. Not sure what would happen if an accident would occur.

In Gastonia NC we cut across on 321 to I-40. 32 is a great route with 4 lanes and limited access. If your plans involve I-77 north out a Charlotte, use this rout instead. Traffic on 77 between Charlotte and Statesville always backed up and jammed. 77 up to I- 74 intersection is also jammed and backed up. Didn't see what was going on, but my iPhone voice Siri routed us around most of the "long delays likely" work.

We are in Mayberry CG now with pretty good wifi and great views. Great CG and staff is outstanding. Oh the alligators? Chunks and slabs of rubber all over the concrete interstates. Hot weather and rough roads breed these things apparently
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
0 REPLIES 0