cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road restrictions on our route?

rogerc_
Explorer
Explorer
We are traveling from NH to Letchworth State Park in a Toyota Motorhome.

Rt 9 through VT, Than Rt 7 through Troy NY, onto I-87 than 90.
We want to make sure that we won't have any problems with road restrictions. My main concern is are motorhome allowed on Rt 7 from NY-VT?
6 REPLIES 6

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I had to chuckle when I read that you're going to Letchworth SP in your Toyota Class C. I retired in 2005 and bought a 1986 Toyota/Dolphin Class C on my way home from my last day at work. After some time refurbishing it, the very first trip we took was to Letchworth SP. The Toyota is now enjoying life with a nice woman in Massachusetts, but we'll be going back to Letchworth in a couple of weeks with our current Class A. Thanks for the memory! 🙂
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Those are commonly used secondary routes for truckers. There are no restrictions for motorhomes on them. There are a few hills and curves, but it's all quite workable for most any vehicle and certainly a small class C motorhome. (You might be a bit slow on some of the hills, but I assume you're somewhat used to that already.) I don't know specifically of current construction, etc. concerns but would not expect significant problems, and for sure there would be reasonable detours suitable for large vehicles as needed.

A hint: when going from I-87 to I-90, pay attention to keep to the righthand lane. The righthand of the two lanes that exit for I-90 is also a merge lane from the previous interchange, and pretty soon after the exit from I-87 this righthand lane has the I-90 West entrance split off from it (and both exit lanes continuing on for I-90 East). The signs don't give a whole lot of warning for the I-90 West lane specifically, and merging over quickly can be tricky if there's much traffic.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Waze.com. I think it is supposed to show road conditions but have only used it once.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We've done 9 to 7 a few times in the past with a 45' and a toad. No problems. If you're asking about current conditions like road closures, I have no idea.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the state hwy website betterinfo than here and please a Toyota Rv makes every present Class C look like a mansion on wheeles.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
So, there is indeed a Toyota motorhome. I thought it's just a stuff of legend in the RV world.

Sorry, for the joke (no, I've not been to the route you mentioned and I intend to avoid NY at any cost when I happen to swing by). Went back to hiring company's limo service after attempting to rent an SUV to move around and see some sights.