cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Restrictions on ON 402 Canada

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
I trying to plan a route from Flint, MI to Niagara Falls, ON, Canada on Garmin Basecamp and then download to my RV660. My route is around 200 miles but when I download and routes me back into the states and all the way to Ontario, Canada then back to Niagara Falls.

The RV660 has my RV information so was curious if there are RV restrictions on highway 402 from Sarnia, ON to Niagara Falls, ON?
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View
6 REPLIES 6

DavidandDayle
Explorer
Explorer
Butch: 400 series highways are like Interstates. QEW is same.
In July & August we had very quick border crossings at Sarnia/Port Huron -- biggest part of delay was the lineups.
David and Dayle

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We came from the falls to Sarnia in June and had a great trip. The road was good and the traffic was not bad. Crossing through customs took about one hour at Sarnia.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
No restrictions, a modern highway. The 402 ends at London, Ont and you transition to the 401, then the 403, and finally the QEW all before you get to the falls.

This is bang on.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, I'll have to work more on my Basecamp maps and my RV660 to get the route put in.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Just made that entire route in July. No Problem. Great highways.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
No restrictions, a modern highway. The 402 ends at London, Ont and you transition to the 401, then the 403, and finally the QEW all before you get to the falls.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad