cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road from PV to Barra de Navidad

R_S
Explorer
Explorer
How is this road, or are we better off going to Guadalajara and then down?
6 REPLIES 6

DS_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so we have been down here in mexico since November! Highway 200 south of PV is in decent shape all the way through to Melaque.There are a few unfinished areas so be aware.
Hwy 80 from Melaque to Villa Corona is terrible lots of tight turns and huge potholes on much of it!
Autopista 54D which runs from Manzanillo up to Guadalajara is in good shape but has tolls which are not the bargain they were 2 years ago!
There are still plenty of us down here and lots of newbies this season,but yes the traffic is less than in years past!
Obviously COVID has had an affect .
Interestingly since we came down in the late fall the Tolls have increased along with The price of Fuel. We have elected to bypass several sections of 15D on the way north. The Libre sections that are available through Sinaloa are a bit slower but in very good shape .

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
not only are there not many travelers, very few monitor this forum. Unfortunately many have moved to facebook ( a wasteland). Where is tequila Or playaboy? Are there no RV'rs in Melaque? My experience is far to old to be of much value but that road is a slow go. Not many Pemex stations and a lack of any facilities.

I only post about things I know about.

I have been all over MX this last year. Not many RV's on the road in Mexico. I would be surprised if there are more than 500 total visiting from NOB.

bob-kir
Explorer
Explorer
A few people in our park in Lo be Marcos have driven down to Melaque and have reported that the road is fine. One was pulling a large 5th wheel and said the worst part was going through PV with all the traffic and the section south of PV to Mismaloya where there are lots of topes and some pot holes. They said it is about 5 hours from Lo de Marcos to Melaque.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't driven that road since the mid-1980s! But it was not too bad, even then. Beautiful scenery, especially by the coast.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
not only are there not many travelers, very few monitor this forum. Unfortunately many have moved to facebook ( a wasteland). Where is tequila Or playaboy? Are there no RV'rs in Melaque? My experience is far to old to be of much value but that road is a slow go. Not many Pemex stations and a lack of any facilities.

Talleyho69
OK, this is sad, and says something about how few people are traveling in Mexico.

Up until 4 winters ago, we could vouch for this road. Even without knowing how the road is today, it has to be WAY better than driving up to Guad and then down.

If no one chimes in to give road current road conditions, my advice is to leave early, plan on it taking "a while" and be prepared to be very pleasantly surprised as to the quality of the road. It sure seems as though road quality here in Mexico has improved dramatically.

Please post what you experience!