cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommend RV Parks Memphis/Hot Springs/Lake of the Ozarks?

Laughingfrog
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Memphis, Little Rock/Hot Springs, AR, and Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri in the coming weeks and looking for campground/RV Park recommendations suitable for a 40-foot 5th wheel, two boys (ages 16 & 12), full hook-up, and with a swimming pool preferred.

We will be going on a two-week tour of these cities and vicinities (Little Rock, Crater of Diamonds SP are also on the list of sights/locations, but our "base camp" locations are those listed in the subject heading - Memphis, Hot Springs and Lake of the Ozarks.

Any advice, suggestions great appreciated. Thanks!
Don & Yolanda White, David, Colby
& Smokey (Rescued Dachshund/Shepherd mix)
2008 Pilgrim Legends 37QB4S-5H
2008 Ford F-450 Lariat Crew Cab
8 REPLIES 8

Not applicable
There are several, but 2 good ones with plenty of space are:
CAMP BAGNELL,, ON THE OSAGE RIVER ABOUT 4 MI. OR SO OFF 54 NORTH OF THE DAM. OUTDOOR BAR/REST. POOL,GREAT OWNERS. PAT AND JEROME SCHULTE

RIVERVIEW RV camp, ON THE OSAGE RIVER OFF 54 IN LAKE OZARK
Both are close (2-3 miles from the Bagnell Dam strip) And about 6 mi. or so from Osage Beach ( those 2 areas are the center of all the action.)boat rentals, arcades, restaurants/bars galore, etc.
YOU TUBE Camp Bagnell and you should get Pat & Jerome on it.
There are others , but they are not as close to those 2 areas of fun.
Call ahead, the lake of the Ozarks is a ZOO, on the 4th July holiday

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Catherine State Park is a beautiful place and has some FHU sites. Enjoy wherever you decide to go 'cause it is all beautiful.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Laughingfrog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Yeah, Johno02, Memphis was an area of concern for my husband. The Graceland RV Resort looked nice, but my husband who has been to Memphis and the Graceland area (I have not) said that Grceland is not in the nicest part of the city these days, so we were concerned thaat as nice as it looks it's in a fringe neighborhood. I have been considering Tom Sawyer and a KOA in Marion, AR.

In Hot Springs saw some options, unfortunately as this is our first visit in the area and don't know enough about their Corps camps or State Parks we're likely to pick a private camp due to the size of our rig.

Majestic Oaks and Osage Beach in Missouri are both on our list - actually waiting to hear back from them on availability since we'll be arriving Saturday July 6th and we're sure the 4th of July campers will still be hanging in thru Sunday.

Thanks again for your suggestions! And happy Father's Day to the dads out there!
Don & Yolanda White, David, Colby
& Smokey (Rescued Dachshund/Shepherd mix)
2008 Pilgrim Legends 37QB4S-5H
2008 Ford F-450 Lariat Crew Cab

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed Hot Springs National Park KOA. I'm pretty sure your rig would be fine there.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
We like Majestic Oaks along the north shore at Lake of the Ozarks.

Quiet, hiking trails, easy access to the "strip".
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Just south of Memphis is EZ Daze RV Park in Southaven MS. http://ezdazervpark.com/
In Hot Springs, Catherines Landing RV Park is great. http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherines-landing/
Lake of the Ozark - Osage Beach RV Park. http://osagebeachrvpark.net/
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Memphis' only safe choice is Tom Sawyer Mississippi River Park, across the river in West Memphis, just a short mile off I55. Beautiful place, whenever it is not part of the Mississipi.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

overbrook
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just got back from camping in Hot Springs, and at the Crater of Diamonds state park.

In Hot Springs, I camped at the Hot Springs National Park campground in Gulpha Gorge. Nice park, but no pool and doesn't accept reservations. It would be a tight fit for your forty.

If I were staying in Hot Springs more than a few days, I'd stay at one of the corp of engineers parks on Lake Ouachita. Brady mountain, or Crystal Springs, or maybe the Hot Springs KOA.

The city of Hot Springs was a little too busy for me, so I moved to the the Crater of Diamonds State park in Murfreesboro, which is one of the nicest parks I've camped in.

They can handle the larger fifth wheels, and they have a waterpark for the kids. And of course, they have the diamond mine where you can search for diamonds and keep all that you find.

Bill
Coachhouse Platinum 232 XL