cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Page, AZ and Route 89

Mizzouri
Explorer
Explorer
Planning to go from Page to Kanab, UT. How is the road for a 37' Class A with a tow?

Thanks
2013 Itasca Meridian 38'
2014 Honda CRV
10 REPLIES 10

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This is an old thread so updating a little - the road collapse on 89 is now completely rebuilt so there are no issues getting to Page. From Page to Kanab you will be traveling through mostly open country and it's an easy drive.

If you want to take 89A from 89 to Kanab, it's a beautiful drive through red rock country and up to the pine forest. You'll have a climb just before Jacob Lake (no lake by the way). We enjoy this route.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

11Southie
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, thank you. That thread did not show up my search.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
11Southie, you'll want to read this very recent thread:
89/89A
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

11Southie
Explorer
Explorer
Stirring up an old post, I know, but wanted some recent input on this. Sounds like the 89 out of Page toward Kanab (west) is RV friendly, but anyone have information on the 89 alternate? It travels through Arizona instead of Utah and some maps consider it a scenic route. Hard to tell using Google maps and street view so asking if anyone has some true input. Would you travel one versus the other? I'm in a 32 foot Class A towing a Jeep.

Thanks!!

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, but I just want to clarify/correct some of this information so the OP will not be confused.

Driving from Flagstaff to Page..........

I'm sure kregli meant 89 temp, not 87 temp.

joloote's post about climbing to a cut in the cliff face....the landslide happened just about where those women were selling their stuff, so no one is going up that way now (actually for over a year now).

And the turnoff to Hwy 89T (the detour) is south of the intersection of 89A and 89, as shown on the map on the webpage that 2gypsies gave you.

No problem driving 89 and 89T from Flagstaff to Page. No problem driving 89 from Page to Kanab either.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
As you turn onto Rt.89 heading to Page, you'll climb up thru a cut in the cliff face. About a 3rd way up, on the left, are usually Hopi Indian women selling neat stuff. The Wahweep RV park on the shore of the lake in Page is wonderful! You should stay a few days. Tour the dam and amazing bridge! See Antelope slot canyon. Amazing area.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't say how you're getting to Page but if it's from Flagstaff on Hwy 89 just be advised that at the intersection of 89A and 89 you will be directed to a detour because of a road collaspe just beyond this intersection of 89.

The detour is paved and in good condition and it's not out of your way by much. It will take you into Page. Here's some more information:

US89 Bypass for Page, Arizona

Continuing on 89 from Page to Kanab is a very good RV-friendly highway. Have a good trip!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
There are no really bad grades, and the road is in good shape. There are passing lanes in several places, and long stretches of good areas to pass when there are no passing lanes. Normally, traffic is very light in this area. We love the Kanab area and the views along the way are stunning.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

kregli
Explorer
Explorer
No problem at all. It is two lanes, so you might build up a following. Usually there are plenty of places to pass. I just went through there a couple of weeks ago. Getting to Page on the 87 temp is a little less pleasant, but not bad.
Keith
2015 Grand Design Momentum 388m
2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
No problem.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad