cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One ton truck

jornvango
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I haven't been paying attention, what happened to the issues with pick-up trucks over 1/2 ton not being able to get a permit? Has that been resolved? I wonder what happened this winter with snowbirds pulling their fifth wheel down into Mexico.

We have a RAM 3500 with pickup camper.
17 REPLIES 17

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
slowlyiturn wrote:
we didn't see any trucks or rvs the day we crossed

Thank you!
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

slowlyiturn
Explorer
Explorer
we didn't see any trucks or rvs the day we crossed
2 retired canadians

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
slowlyiturn wrote:
we crossed at Columbia, but the toll road to monterrey is accessed from either crossing.

Do you know if any trucks are crossing at Columbia?
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.

slowlyiturn
Explorer
Explorer
we crossed at Columbia, but the toll road to monterrey is accessed from either crossing.
2 retired canadians

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
slowlyiturn wrote:
we had both a 1 ton dually, no trailer just a truck cap and a 3/4 ton..both from texas pass us on the cuota road from Laredo to Monterrey on dec 13th so I guess some trucks are getting in.

Was that at Laredo or Columbia??
JerBear

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
PP is in the free zone

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
About 4-6 weeks ago I went down to Puerto Penasco with my TT and F350 Dually. Nobody even blinked, no inspection, drove right through.
Dually has a cap on it, if that matters.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of USA plated duallies with 2015 license and short jogs on federal hwys.

I would trust only reports from someone I knew, who is actually in Mexico that went through a particular port of entry on a specified date.

Rules are interpreted by who has the gun and badge.

slowlyiturn
Explorer
Explorer
we had both a 1 ton dually, no trailer just a truck cap and a 3/4 ton..both from texas pass us on the cuota road from Laredo to Monterrey on dec 13th so I guess some trucks are getting in.
2 retired canadians

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:
I guess my Tiger wouldn't qualify.

Here is a thread pertaining to this issue:

Trucks into Mexico

That would classify as a motorhome, no problem.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
jornvango wrote:
I found the closed topic from October and went to the Banjercito website to look at the online application form.

Looks like some of the border officials are unable to read Spanish. The law and the online Banjercito application form clearly says "No estรก permitido solicitar un permiso para un vehรญculo que exceda las 3.5 toneladas (7,716.17 libras) de capacidad de carga." Capacidad de carga is the payload, NOT the GVWR. Or are they playing dumb to get a bribe?

The problem arose when it got translated into english and capacidad de carga became GVWR. Our company is still working on this through channels. It seems people who get permits on line have no issues.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
OK, Moisheh. I wasn't planning to go there, anyway.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle: You better do some research I think permits are now required. It can be very confusing.

Moisheh

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently, Baja doesn't require a permit.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8