Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One opinion of the top scenic highways in each state

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
List

I've been on only a few of these roads, Utah US-50 for one. It gives you something to think about when driving cross country.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
5 REPLIES 5

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Crowe wrote:
especially in the West.

Beg to differ. From the coast to back roads during foliage season, New England offers some absolutely breathtaking scenery.
True, BUT they may not be the "Least" traveled,
Like #6,Colonial Parkway in Va., Skyline Drive IMHO, is more scenic but is way more traveled.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
especially in the West.

Beg to differ. From the coast to back roads during foliage season, New England offers some absolutely breathtaking scenery.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's the not the most scenic road in each state. It's the quietest, the least traveled (with federal numbers).

Among those he then chose the most scenic.

Roads through rugged mountains can be both quiet and scenic. But they may also be quiet because they are boring.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nearly every state has some great roads to travel especially in the West. There is no reason to travel boring highways. I like light trailers so it is easier to tackle the turkey trails.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
The one they have listed as "quietiest" is also one of the LEAST scenic roads in TN. (SR104 in west TN) It's quiet because there is nothing on it that anyone wants to see. It's in an economically depressed, flat, farmland area, with muddy rivers and acres of flat muddy fields.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board