cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old National Trails Road

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
The old National Trails Road predates Route 66 etc.
Some of it most of ,it started as game trails and ten Native American paths. Some of it became Route 66.
I noticed on the GPS two days ago that on I40 we came near,a few miles of the National Trail Sections in Arizona and California.
Some, according to Wiki, parts are and some are not.
Has anyone RVed or just traveled these routes in a car or pickup?
What was it like?
4 REPLIES 4

Community Alumni
Not applicable
'tiredTeacher wrote:
gemsworld wrote:
...you can drive leisurely....

Speaking of … I'm looking at your maps and am curious how 'tis you made it to Virginia and S.C. but missed N.C.?

Teach

The map represents more than one trip. I need to update the map to reflect additional states and Canadian provinces. The only states we haven't visited are Iowa, Nebraska and Alaska. I also need to add the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario.

_tiredTeacher
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
...you can drive leisurely....

Speaking of … I'm looking at your maps and am curious how 'tis you made it to Virginia and S.C. but missed N.C.?

Teach
Wright and Penny
2010 Tundra 4X4
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Some sections in CA and AZ are in good condition and can be driven in any vehicle. Some sections in AZ can be very picturesque and you can drive leisurely since there isn't really any traffic in these sections.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve traveled a few brief parts. Loney but interesting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad