cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nogales Crossing

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Is there additional information for Large Rv's crossing back into the USA, at the Nogales Crossing? Words of wisdom, height, auto lane, buss lane.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog
14 REPLIES 14

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh, when I was a lot younger, my husband always said that I could stop traffic!

Talleyho69
A friend crossed at Nogales yesterday, 36' and a tow car.

Here's what she said, "Boarding crossing was fantastic, lots of cars but we took bus lane and were the only vehicle. No dog papers only passports. Amazingly fast, very nice. Just don't go with autos, at least 100 cars trying to cross into the U.S. tipped Mexican guy 20 pesos to stop cars so we could get into the bus lane. Well worth it."

Yes, we sent her the information that you all had recently posted. Thanks!

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
We always tip the vendors that stop traffic. They don't ask for $$ . Just want to help.

Moisheh

Talleyho69
Bet/Hopefully she smiles big, and thanks people! Amazing how far that goes in this country!!!

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
If there are no vendors that offer assistance my wife gets out and stops traffic. Can be hairy! Really poor planning on the part of Homeland Security.

Moisheh

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
We came north on February 17th, a Saturday at about 5 pm. Very busy with car traffic from the "old Nogales" lanes. Nobody else coming down from the cuota. It still took some convincing to get our 24 foot class C across the two lanes coming in from Old Nogales over to the right bus lane, but we managed. If they have removed another concrete barrier, or two, even better.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Great news. The previous problem was due to the construction of a new Nexus lane. Thus all the extra barriers.

Moisheh

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
FORGET WHAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN....THE OLD STUFF IS WRONG NOW!

we went through nogales yesterday. 3 of us. one class A 40 feet, one 5th wheel --about 30 feet and MY 40 FOOT 5TH WHEEL.

coming from the highway go TO THE BUS LANE!!!!!!

there are additional barriers but you just have to be careful and may have to go up on curb. THE MEXICAN GUYS (give them pesos for helping AND YOUR SPOUSE CAN HELP YOU.

SIDE NOTE: THE COMMANDER AND I SPOKE and he went down to the problem area. He has responded that they will remove 2 more cement barriers (they already removed one---20 feet for each barrier)
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Northloper, I had read earlier from another post about an issue. The Rv'er tried to get back into the bus lane from the auto lane, but did it too late. Much damage. The Rv'er explained about lack of road information. Please understand whether or not true, I wanted to check it out. It has been 5 yeas since traveling back and forth into Mexico thru Nogales. And yes I know all about Lukeville, San Luis and other border crossings.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There was a post recently where one RV'r ran into concrete barriers on the right side. I crossed going North in my toad 2 weeks ago. They are building a Nexus lane and have erected jersey barriers to protect the construction workers. However if you immediately get into the right lane ( extreme right!) there should be no problems.

Moisheh

northsloper
Explorer
Explorer
Unless things have changed recently, big rigs use the far right "bus" lane. Some pesos given to one of the local street venders there will get you across the lanes very easily as they will stop traffic for you. A win / win in my book

Talleyho69
We, too are sold on exiting through Lukeville/Sonoyta. If you don't want to dry camp at the beautiful Organ Pipe National Park, there are a couple of nice parks in Ajo that give great Good Sam and Passport America discounts. We like Shadow Ridge.

We quit entering there two years ago when they went through a several year program that, "It's not the law, it's for the good of Mexico" made entering tedious. Pet papers, going through freezers and refrigerators and asking that you voluntarily surrender your meat, etc. I haven't heard of anyone having that happen for two years now.

Please don't get me wrong, the law is the law, but when they are creating their own rules it was tough to know what to do.

This year on our way out he will be driving the moho and I'll be driving a large SUV pulling a 10 foot cargo trailer. Hopefully the sharp turns won't be an issue for me, but I'll have practice towing by the time we get to the border!

PUTERPUPPY
Explorer
Explorer
We, also couldn't find any info about Nogales and finally decided to try Lukeville, AZ instead.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I will be using it in and out for future trips SOB.
The lanes there are a bit tricky, as you have to make wide turns and all while crossing small "topes" placed at angles, but all 3 of our rigs went thru without any problems. A 27' Class A without a tow, a 40' 5wheel with a duel cab pickup, and my 38' Class A with a tow.
Also, its nice to have Organ Pipe National Park right near there, with camping.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just slightly off topic but I remember as a kid coming back from Nogales and thinking how far away was the U.S. even tho it was only a line on the ground.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)