Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TIP Question

cornerjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
I applied for and got a TIP online. Made it to AZ and got a call to come home to deal with some stuff. Never made it to Mexico.

Phoned Banjercito , E-mailed Banjercito.... no response yet.

So...I don't care about losing the deposit but my question is... has anyone lately gone back into Mexico to get an expired TIP sticker removed from your vehicle?

I was planning to go back in October of this year but If I'm going to run into problems I'll stay in the free zone. I also heard that I may be able to get Banjercito in Phoenix to remove the expired sticker but nobody answers the phone.
Any help would be appreciated . Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Talleyho69
That is a good decision.

Remember, your TIP's are attached to your passport number. If you happened to renew your passport before you got your next TIP there would be no record of your last one. You would be able to get a new one, no problem.

cornerjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Tallyho; I printed out the email and to take with me....but....after thinking about it for about 5 minutes,..decided to go on a road trip before it expires on April 1st. The thought of putting my trucks future in the interpretation of a bureaucrat at kilometre 21 had me a little nervous. plus maybe fines... who knows.

I just didn't want to take a chance. Got nothing better to do anyways. I'll just make a holiday out of it.... that way I'll know for sure that its all good. ..Anyways ....... lesson learned about going online. Sometimes its good and sometimes, well stuff happens .

Talleyho69
That's great news!

Be sure to keep a hard copy of the communications just in case.

cornerjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Just received E-mail from Banjercito. They said to cancel it next time across the border and apply for a new one. So there you have ..in case anyone runs into this problem.