cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nebraska Hwy 2

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone taken Nebraska Hwy 2 from Alliance to Thedford and farther east. We will be driving this on a Monday.
5 REPLIES 5

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
We went all the way across Rt 2 last summer & had a blast. Spent a few nights at the Bessey Rec Complex and floated down the Middle Loup River. Moved NW and eventually spent 4 nights at Chadron SP & that place was spectacular. I'd go back & do all that stuff again, it was great.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
We followed Hwy 2 from Grand Island to Alliance and found the road to be pleasant with low traffic, and we enjoyed the scenery.

katleman
Explorer
Explorer
Nebraska native.

Iโ€™ve taken it many times, will be taking it again in two weeks, lovely road, much better than I-80.
Visted via RV

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lived in NE all of my life. It is a good road through the Sandhills and quite a few small towns along the way. Broken Bow has a good modern truck stop. It is pretty much flat country all the way.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
We used it several years ago. The western part (up to Thedford) is miles and miles of narrow road with small shoulders, and views of sand and sagebrush with a few, off road villages, and not a rest stop in sight. ๐Ÿ™‚ We were informed later that the villages offered a rest stop respite had we chosen to explore them.
East of Thedford, there is the Nebraska National Forest with campground, but we didn't explore that either. We headed south toward North Platte.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.