cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nashville to Great Smoky Mts. via Fall Creek Falls SP

ShotgunWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, looking for advice on a route from Nashville to Great Smoky Mountains with a stop in Fall Creek Falls SP on the way. We have a 38ft Diesel Pusher with a Jeep toad. Trying to stay away from scary tight turns!

We will be going in mid-September 2019.

Thanks in advance!
Julie & Bobby Marburger and Tobie the fluffball
www.shotgunwriter.com
2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
3 REPLIES 3

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Take TN-111 south from Cookeville TN then turn north up TN-284 into the park.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Johno02 wrote:
Someone will give you more current data I hope, but as best I remember, you do NOT want to get to the park from the North side. I seem to remember a very scary difficult drive in our small Motor home, but not which roads. I seem to remember that US 30, which appears to be the main route, was very difficult to navigate, and later folks told us we went the wrong way. Would have been good if we had been told first. But we really liked the Park. One of Tennessee's best!

I was going to post the same. You want to access the park via the south entrance. Take Rt 284 from Rt 111.

I can't help with the best route to the mountains from FCF.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Someone will give you more current data I hope, but as best I remember, you do NOT want to get to the park from the North side. I seem to remember a very scary difficult drive in our small Motor home, but not which roads. I seem to remember that US 30, which appears to be the main route, was very difficult to navigate, and later folks told us we went the wrong way. Would have been good if we had been told first. But we really liked the Park. One of Tennessee's best!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.