cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mid Mich to Pigeon Forge

wls
Explorer
Explorer
Around the 1st part of April, from Harrison, Mi. we will be heading to Pigeon Forge, via 23/75, we would like to spend a couple days(maybe just overnighters)to get there. We are not in a hurry to get there. Are there any close to I-75 Campgrounds that you could recommend. We like to drive around 250 miles per day. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

wls
Explorer
Explorer
ya I forgot about Kentucky Horse Park, been there just not camping. I did check out Wapakoneta area and noticed the Neil Armstrong museum. Like I said I'm in no hurry, finally retired. Thanks everyone for the ideas, I have some more choices now. Thanks

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Download the RVPARKY app. Great tool to find parks along your route. Question is how long a day do you want to put in behind the wheel? Half way is about Cincinnati and a 7 hour day pulling a trailer traffic permitting from Harrison. (used to live in Davison). South of Cincy in KY are a couple acceptable choices right off 75 so leave early and push the first day hard. OR, overnight at Wapakoneta KOA. That would give you enough time to go see the Neil Armstrong museum right by the exit. Then next day stay at Indian Mountain State Park in Jellico, nice small park with good facilities.

We live about 25 miles outside of Pigeon Forge now so any questions you have just ask. Been here 8 years and haven't looked back. Don't miss Michigan one bit.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
If you are an FMCA member, look up their campground in Cinci.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Not much in OH along I-75 !

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
dalenoel wrote:
Kentucky Horse Park just north of Lexington will be nice.

If you want more than an overnight, great stop though it's been some years since we've been there.

If you are just going to crash for the night and head out in the morning, I I would just look for an inexpensive place right off the freeway.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kentucky Horse Park just north of Lexington will be nice.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi