cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mexcio driving will now seem easy

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Having been driving for a month in italy including Rome & Naples, Mexico will now seem like a piece of cake.
9 REPLIES 9

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Driving Reforma and Insurgentes during rush hour was enough for me. Then get stuck on a via rapida for 10 Km and get dumped into a barrio with no signs at puesto del sol. I think navegator will get a few laughs out of this. This is where I learned the red and black arrow cross street hieroglyphics. Red two way arrow? Yuhhhhh, no turns. Gave a taxi driver two dollars the next day after spending the night in a one-quarter star hotel room (the bed had 79 springs - count em-) The taxiista said momentito went directly to a taco stand and ate breakfast then lead me out.

Anytime a car pulls up alongside me on a sidewalk to beat the right turn red light I consider that to be my limit.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dehli and Cairo vie for the worst traffic. Rome, Naples, Rio, Soul...child's play.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Rio de Janeiro

you know those green, amber and red lights at the intersections

Those are permanent Christmas decorations

navegator

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Or Buenos Aries!

Don't know why they waste paint to stripe the roads.

Stop lights are merely "suggestions".

Drove 3,000+ KM in Chile this winter-- no problem at all. Very enjoyable. Even huge Santiago was "civilized" driving.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try driving in Manila
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Talleyho69
The roads in Mexico are in better condition that the roads in California, sad to say.

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
I have driven in Rome and Naples and Rome was the worst of the two. But the worst place to drive was in Damascus where they have a big traffic circle that has no rules.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Driving in Seoul, Korea was the ultimate test of my driving skills and patience. So glad we have traffic laws in the US because there it was a free for all in Seoul. How are the road conditions in Mexico?
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Talleyho69
We so agree with you! And we were in a car, not an RV.