cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnolia Farms, Waco, TX

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
DW would like to visit Waco, (read: the Silos, Magnolia Farm, etc. of Chip & Joanna). Heading back home from Albuquerque -- is TX SR 287 a decent road down that way? Open to route recommendations as well as a couple of nite stay. Midway COE Park sounded good.
Then will be heading for the Panhandle and home after Shreveport, Vicksburg, Spanish Fort, AL.
Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
??????

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
Midway Park is nice, but very close to the hwy. We prefer Reynolds Creek Park. Much quieter!!

My recommendation for your route would be to take Hwy 84 from Santa Rosa, NM all the way down to merge onto IH 20 at Sweetwater, then take Hwy 6 south out of Eastland, Tx. right to Lake Waco.

All the Magnolia stuff in Waco (silos, restaurant, etc are tourist traps, but a must if you're a fan.

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Au contraire, we loved the Silos. Long, long lines at the bakery, though. 🙂 If you're a fan, go.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

traindriver1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't waste your time at the Silo's. Just like Cracker Barrel, only a lot more crowded.

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
My error —- yes I believe that I was looking st US 287 and will revisit your suggestions. Could still cut over E bound to Ft Worth if Family visit materializes on the way to a Waco.

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
If you mean US 287 between Amarillo and Fort Worth then yes a very good road. According to wiki there is no Tx SH 287.

I would go via Santa Rosa, Clovis, Lubbuck to I-20 over to TX 6 near Eastland to get to Waco. The route Google Maps recommends. I have driven that route many times and it is the easiest and, at RV speeds, fastest. It has the added bonus of avoiding Fort Worth but you do go through many little communities. US 84 from Clovis to I-20 near Sweetwater is mostly 4 lane.
Turret Class traveler

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Have to be sure my wife don't see this thread. She lives for that show.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I should’ve said next year - September.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure the panhandle is still there?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)