cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

i40 between West from Asheville, NC

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Will be traveling I40 west from Asheville, NC to Knoxville, TN in a few days. I understand I40 is one lane west and East before the Tennessee line. Anyone taken that route recently and if so, how slow is the go? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the insights on I40 travel. Alternate routes would have extended my travel time by a min. of 2 hours. I40 will be my route.

Mrgunguy
Explorer
Explorer
I travel that route all of the time and the one lane has not been backed up at all for me any of the times Iโ€™ve gone that way. You should be fine.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying in Waynesville this summer and come and go over that section several times. Going to one lane will delay you a little bit but not near as much as trying to avoid it on another route. With the reduced travel due to the pandemic it isn't as bad as it would be in a normal summer.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We took it but starting farther west at Cumberland SP. Let me suggest that you do not take I40 thru Oklahoma unless you you like thump Thump THUMP all the way across. Actually I suggest avoiding all OK if you are going that far west.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper