Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-81 vs I-78 in Pa.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
I'm in Harper's Ferry looking at my options to get to Matamoras, Pa. GPS is showing me I-81 through Scranton to I-84 or I-78 through Allentown. I-78 is shorter but I have never been that way. To those of you who know yhe area which way would you go? Or is there another even better alternative? Thanks.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
5 REPLIES 5

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
The only time we use I/78 is in the winter and a storm is possible. We just came up 81 to 84 yesterday and decided PA has even worse roads tha SC. 84 is particularly bad but they are working on it and it's only about 50 miles. If you are staying at Tri-States make sure you use the menu in your packet and order delivery.... it's great!
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Mayor30 wrote:
81 north to 84 east would be the best.

Thanks for the replies. I stuck with what I knew which was I-81 to I-84. Just wondered if there was an easier, shorter way based on gps.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
81 north to 84 east would be the best.

Matamoras Pa is on the PA/NJ/NY border and directly off RT 84..... take 84

unless there is another Matamoras PA that I am not aware of...???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I78 is a heavily traveled truck route and they have no mercy for cars. It's been a while but last time I drove it some parts had been resurfaced but the ones that weren't were pretty rough. There are a lot of services along I78 though. And a great Cabelas to go shopping at LOL!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]