cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwy 37 closed

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
Hwy 37 closed 80k north of Dease Lake, flooding everyone advised to use Alaska Hwy untill further notice, more rain on the way making it worse.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.
32 REPLIES 32

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Looks like highway 37 is open so this thread has served it's purpose and time.

... Eric (Moferator)

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
37 is good to go. I am going to ask the Moderator to close this thread.

Gary haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like 37 is now open, with stretches open to one-lane only and delays of "up to" 20 minutes each.... anybody been through there recently who can update us on what to expect? Lots of mud? Long waits? We're past the point of an alternate route...

Thanks!

dannydimitt
Explorer
Explorer
paulj wrote:
sue.t wrote:

Looks like an older route skirted this marsh.

that's what it looks like , or maybe back when the road dept could do whatever was needed to get the road open with out a bunch of political BS , some one simply dozed a shoe fly detour around the low spot?:)

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
paulj wrote:
joe b. wrote:
If I owned a 4 wheel drive Class C with a new winch on the front,...

on a Unimog chassis

Forgive me, I can't resist.

The Unimog looks as if it has lost it's load as it was climbing out. There's steep, and then there's steeeeep. Maybe someone forgot to tie down the load???

No 'maters pulleeze.

Cheers.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
joe b. wrote:
If I owned a 4 wheel drive Class C with a new winch on the front,...

on a Unimog chassis

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
sue.t wrote:

Looks like an older route skirted this marsh.

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
Sue, Is it not about time for you to go to bed, yes I know, sure miss the midnite sun, Hope all is well with you and Steve, gettin ready for more rain by the look of the sky, big black scary clouds.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
From Drivebc.ca

Flooding Highway 37 Both directions - Flooding 12 km north of Dease River Bridge. The road is reduced to single lane alternating traffic. 24 hour traffic control on site. The road remains flooded. Updated Sat Jun 1 at 6:08 pm PDT.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
joe b. wrote:
If I owned a 4 wheel drive Class C with a new winch on the front, I would be headed up that way to drive through the flood water and take lots of photos to share on this forum. LOL
๐Ÿ˜›

In fact..there is a stranded RV party tonight in Iskit and if I hadn't been committed to a commuity event, I would have gone at leat that far.

Gary Haupt

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
37 is open to one lane as of 6:10pm..I'd say...go now. Don't wait.

Gary Haupt

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
Well, Joe, one can stay safe and just look at Google Street View to see the area that is under water now.

The spot looks to be a naturally low marshy area normally so not too surprising that it took on water from the river and flooded across.

I'm wondering about the integrity of the highway once the flood has receded ... I think this is one of the sections that hasn't been upgraded yet.

This from Google Earth Street View, looking northward on the Cassiar:

And this the Satellite view of the marsh when it isn't flooded

sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
If I owned a 4 wheel drive Class C with a new winch on the front, I would be headed up that way to drive through the flood water and take lots of photos to share on this forum. LOL
๐Ÿ˜›
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
BC Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure tweeted at about 10:45 a.m. today that the flood waters are expected to recede in 24-48 hours. Hopefully the rain doesn't change that expectation.
sue t.