cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fall color trip to north country

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any problems currently traveling through Minnesota, Wisconsin, and northern Michigan due to pandemic travel limitations? Hoping that being .fully self-contained will allow the opportunity for mid-October travel.
10 REPLIES 10

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
NC4ME wrote:
Do you all think fuel filling is safe on road trips during this pandemic . I am sort of worrying about fuel stations having not doing there cleaning.

That would be the least of my worries. The virus is mostly spread via airborne transmission, which is not a big concern at open-air gas stations where people are pretty decently separated and there's decent airflow. Furthermore, gasoline and diesel fuels are decent solvents for oils and fats, and so should tend to kill the virus fairly effectively. Washing one's hands after pumping gas is always a good idea, and is simple enough to do when traveling in an RV.

OLEJOE
Explorer
Explorer
We traveled 4500 miles in August from La to the Grand Canyon and then to Rapid City and returning through Ia, Mo and Ar. Had zero problems. Some places required mask and some didnโ€™t. Get some disinfectant wipes and clean your hands after fueling and/or use disposable gloves. Pay at the pump. Got home and rode out Hurricane Sally and still donโ€™t have COVID-19.

NC4ME
Explorer
Explorer
Do you all think fuel filling is safe on road trips during this pandemic . I am sort of worrying about fuel stations having not doing there cleaning.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
EV2 wrote:
JKJavelin wrote:
Better get going, the northern Wisconsin counties are at peak right now, and much of the western and central areas are at 50%.https://www.travelwisconsin.com/fall-color-report
JK

Been watching this and showing first and second week. That is the reason for the pandemic travel inquiry.

Have a nice time!
We are headed for a COE campground on the Mississippi in southwest Wisconsin a week from tomorrow. Looks like we timed it right.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from Muskie fishing in northern Wisconsin. Did not take the Motorhome. Spent one night in a motel en-route then stayed in rented house on lake when we arrived, so don't know about campgrounds. Businesses required face coverings, and the one place we stopped for food was carryout only. No problems
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
Better get going, the northern Wisconsin counties are at peak right now, and much of the western and central areas are at 50%.https://www.travelwisconsin.com/fall-color-report
JK

Been watching this and showing first and second week. That is the reason for the pandemic travel inquiry.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of those places are at or near peak colors right now. Parts of Northern Minnesota are past. Mid-October may be too late.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
While you are waiting do a Google search for each State of interest.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Can not state about know, but in Mid August there was not a problem traveling those states. We traveled from Missouri to North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and the U.P. All places where very strict on masks etc. we felt very comfortable up there.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly