cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Denver Co

gafkeystone
Explorer
Explorer
I will be going thru Denver Co and dropping off 2 friends on 9/19/20 close to the airport. I will be pulling my tt what is a good neighborhood or location to drop them off. They will be getting a uber or taxi to the airport. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
OK then yup, that area where the hotels are is the closest to the airport you could go with your trailer. Go like you're going to the airport (whichever way you choose to get there, be aware E-470 is a toll road that charges by number of axles, but it is the fastest/easiest way). If you are already on Pena, you can get off at Tower Rd and just head south, lots of places around there to stop off. Then you can get back on Pena and head south to get on I-70.

If you want something that's a little more on your way, then there is a large shopping center off Highway 7 and I-25. There's a Sears, Costco, Starbucks and some restaurants and some other stores with plenty of parking. Those aren't as close to the airport, it'll probably be around $40 for your friends to do an Uber/Lyft, but it's more convenient for you since you won't have to keep going east. I live a bit east of there and it's about $35 to DIA from our house with Lyft. Then, you can get back on I-25, then get on 76 to get across to I-70, avoiding the worst part of I-70 through Denver that is congested and under construction.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

gafkeystone
Explorer
Explorer
Will be coming from Laramie wy heading to Moab.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Where will you be coming from? Nearly all of the hotels etc. for the airport aren't next to the airport, and they are all on Tower Road just south of Pena Blvd (the road that goes to the airport). I frequently park in that area around 71st and Tower while waiting to pick someone up and I think it would be easy enough for a truck and travel trailer to navigate through there and it's not scary or anything, so no issue with your friends waiting for their ride. Tower is 2 lanes each way with a divided median. The whole area is pretty new so there aren't any large trees or anything to get in the way of your trailer ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor