cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Casper wy to yellowsrone

gafkeystone
Explorer
Explorer
I will be going to Yellowstone NP rom Casper WY in the middle of sept this year. Is 20/26 to 26 into Yellowstone the best option. I have a f250 6.2 gas pulling a 9000 lb TT. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

gafkeystone
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
both good roads. the only thing to watch for is an early snow fall when you're crossing the pass on either road.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
gafkeystone wrote:
I will be going to Yellowstone NP rom Casper WY in the middle of sept this year. Is 20/26 to 26 into Yellowstone the best option. I have a f250 6.2 gas pulling a 9000 lb TT. Thanks.

Best? - I have done both and you will have no issue either way look at this MAP and see if Shoshoni to Thermopolis to Cody might work for you.

The Wind River Canyon has always been of particular interest to me - the River runs North and the road rises as you go north giving the unusual feeling that the River is actually Running Uphill.

Great CG right on the River just out of Shoshoni - Thermopolis has the Hot Springs - Cody the Buffalo Bill Museum along with a day Drive on Chief Joseph and the Beartooth if you were inclined.

No wrong choices as every road needs to be driven to really see the Area in and Around YNP.

One last note - September and the Aspen in Colorado and the West are just amazing, if I were you I'd try to catch a little of Colorado to see some of it - the last week of September - Colorado Aspen -Beautiful!

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
piece of cake
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado