cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bluewater Bridge Pt Edward/Port Huron - NO CASH - UFN

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Saw Crowe's post about NH toll lanes, and remembered this one.
It's been like this for about a week now. Both directions.
Credit cards and Debit only. Or, use an online Connexion Account, if traveling westbound (Canada to USA). There isn't a USA to Canada version in place for eastbound, that I know of.
Not sure how much more dangerous it is to pay cash/make change, than it is to handle debit/credit cards/readers/etc., but I don't make the rules.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)
6 REPLIES 6

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
Of course you have to hand your passport back and forth. Also the cursory look into your car. Not sure what getting rid of cash transactions are buying.

I think you're confusing tolls with customs. They are separate, and the toll booths aren't accepting cash, UFN. CBSA/CBP are BAU, as far as I know.

Good point, but you canโ€™t go through one without the other, no?

True, but the topic title was BWB - NO CASH - UFN. Unless you're trying to bribe the customs guys, they don't handle/accept cash. Or debit. Or credit cards. There's no mention of changes to customs procedures. Capiche?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
Of course you have to hand your passport back and forth. Also the cursory look into your car. Not sure what getting rid of cash transactions are buying.

I think you're confusing tolls with customs. They are separate, and the toll booths aren't accepting cash, UFN. CBSA/CBP are BAU, as far as I know.

Good point, but you canโ€™t go through one without the other, no?

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
The only thing with more germs than cash is used toilet paper and most of us don't touch the dirty part.

A sharp pair of scissors can harvest a lot of good usable real estate on those used tp pieces, if necessary.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only thing with more germs than cash is used toilet paper and most of us don't touch the dirty part.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer