cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blueberry State Park

rag-ftw
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at Blueberry State Park this summer? We have stayed there before but was told this spring that it was no longer being managed and may be closed.
2004 Travel Supreme 38DS04
2009 Ranger 4X4 Towed
Ready Brake, Tire Minder
9 REPLIES 9

rag-ftw
Explorer
Explorer
Blueberry Lake Recreation Area is still open. Alaska has turned operation over to a 501C outfit and they have raised the nightly camping fee from $11.00 to $20.00 as they have on Allison Point! Most of the sites are pretty badly overgrown and the road is in bad need of some serious trimming. Looks like they have recently trimmed up a couple of sites and the area around the shelter on the lake. The greyling are still there and someone has stocked rainbows also! They are all small, under 15", but fun to catch anyway.

I wish the state was running the park again. My $11.00 used to buy me a fairly large site and the road was cleared enough I didn't scrape both sides of the RV when turning the corners. Now I pay $20.00 and only have 3 or 4 sites I can park on and get to drive on an uncleared road! As my old Army Sargent used to say, "This progress is killing us!"
2009 Ranger 4X4 Towed
Ready Brake, Tire Minder

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
No, we haven't been into Alaska this year so can't give you any advice about its status.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

rag-ftw
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, that's the one I'm talking about! Good grayling fishing on the far side of the lake next to the rocks! Have you been there this year, Sue?
2009 Ranger 4X4 Towed
Ready Brake, Tire Minder

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
Blueberry Lake State Recreation Site in Alaska, on the way to Valdez?
http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aspunits/kenai/blueberrylksrs.htm

sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

rag-ftw
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
..the Alaska State Dept Natural Resources webpage shows it...says nothing about it being closed.
Gary Haupt

Thanks, Gary The rumor I heard was it and several other parks were being closed as a cost cutting measure for the state. Kinda made sense to me as we all know they can't cut any of the hundreds of "civil servants" that are feeding from the state revenue! I'll give a first hand report next week.
2009 Ranger 4X4 Towed
Ready Brake, Tire Minder

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Might not be in Alaska tho..maybe on his way TO...or FROM. What state has the blueberry as it's symbol? Maybe there? North Carolina has the blueberry as it's State Berry. geez..all the way to North Carolina to camp?

ahem..the Alaska State Dept Natural Resources webpage shows it...says nothing about it being closed.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:
cruiserjs wrote:
Sorry there are no State Parks in Canada. So just where are you thinking of going??

He's going to Alaska where the state park is.

THAT is what I asked him!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

Community Alumni
Not applicable
cruiserjs wrote:
Sorry there are no State Parks in Canada. So just where are you thinking of going??

He's going to Alaska where the state park is.

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse