cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlanta to Vegas

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be leaving (weather permitting across the country) . Looks like we'll be taking the Southern Route I 10. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on things to see along this route?
We'll be in a 44' RV towing a car so will be somewhat limited due to length and inability to backup due to the car.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
Lottoseeinmyrv no time frame we're taking our time and doing what we want.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't say how much time you are taking to get to Vegas.

Pensacola Florida, Navy Museum is great to see. We stay in Navarre Beach. Lots of restaurants and things to do and see in Pensacola.

Kerrville, TX. Texas Hill Country. Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville is awesome. Drive over to Fredericksburg for the day. Go to Camp Verde for lunch, not far from Kerrville. Neat place with restaurant and general store.

artguys
Explorer
Explorer
I-10/I-12 La are and have been for several years now in good shape

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Personally I would avoid I10 through Louisiana.
Crappy road
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Some RV Parks to consider: In Montgomery, AL we like Capital City RV Park.
On I-12 at Livingston, LA we like Lakeside RV Park. call ahead for pull thru.
From there you can drive to New Orleans (about an hour). There are plenty of military museums along the I-10 route. In Houston the Space Center is neat. Lots to see in San Antonio. Balmorhea State Park. The park is located 4 miles southwest of Balmorhea on State Highway 17, in Toyahvale. From I-10 westbound, take Balmorhea exit (exit #206); FM 2903 south to Balmorhea; State Highway 17 west 4 miles to the Park. Visit Fort Davis historic site and there is an observatory there.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi