cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arrived Haines Jct..Winnipeg route

Dog_Up
Explorer
Explorer
No mention of this route in milepost, because there's nothing to mention. From North Portal border to Edmonton is a gradual climb, with ample gas stops, but not much else. No pull outs or rest areas, and the one CG I went by was closed. Ed to Muncho was all good road, with zero delays. The only issues I've had is finding a CG when I decide to stop, that isn't full of locals. I've went by 4 that resembled gypsy camps, and ended up each night in a pullout. Nugget City proved an oasis just past Watson Lake, the rv park was perfect, and the restaurant served up an awesome dinner. Road from here to Haines had two delays of about 20 min each, but roads otherwise good..
Tomorrow last leg into North Pole..
6 REPLIES 6

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Tom/Barb wrote:
Dog Up wrote:
No mention of this route in milepost, because there's nothing to mention. From North Portal border to Edmonton is a gradual climb, with ample gas stops, but not much else. No pull outs or rest areas, and the one CG I went by was closed. Ed to Muncho was all good road, with zero delays. The only issues I've had is finding a CG when I decide to stop, that isn't full of locals. I've went by 4 that resembled gypsy camps, and ended up each night in a pullout. Nugget City proved an oasis just past Watson Lake, the rv park was perfect, and the restaurant served up an awesome dinner. Road from here to Haines had two delays of about 20 min each, but roads otherwise good..

just made the run from Whitehorse to Tok Sunday, Tok to Fairbanks on Monday.

Frost heave are deep plentiful west of Whitehorse. Tok to Fairbanks not so bad but they are still pretty frequent.

How awesome! Have a safe trip and share a pic or 2 eh!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone is serious about the so called Winnipeg route you had better check a map.North Portal is a border crossing in saskatchewan,Winnipeg is north og Emerson border crossing in Manitoba and have no relation to each other and are many hours apart.

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
Oh oh, you'll have some more comments after driving from Destruction Bay/Burwash Landing to Beaver Creek.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you go to Winnipeg then North Portal then Edmonton then Muncho, or the other way, North Portal then Winnipeg then Edmonton - which is the more common routing for those taking the Not Much To See Tour?

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Up wrote:

just made the run from Whitehorse to Tok Sunday, Tok to Fairbanks on Monday.

Frost heave are deep plentiful west of Whitehorse. Tok to Fairbanks not so bad but they are still pretty frequent.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how you got through North Portal border doing a Winnipeg route?What did you expect to see from there to Muncho?Hope you had a nice trip and find more pleasure along your route to the North Pole.What do you expect to see there?