Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

7-8 ft of snow in the Sierras

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Link

It's late but maybe they'll get more before the snow season is over. Bad news for travelers in the area tho,
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
14 REPLIES 14

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Well all that's for naught now as the people of Calif no longer get to vote on anything.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
fyrflie wrote:
rocmoc wrote:
Voters of California voted down many water projects during the 80s when I worked for the Dept of Water Resources. Much of the blame belongs to the people of California themselves! Every project has winners and losers when built and the people chose to not do anything that may or could change the existing natural environment. First hand info as I was there in the planning of the projects and trying to change events. Did in my own community on the local water irrigation district board but the state never was successful.

Also lived in South Tahoe winter '92-'93 when we had a winter with snow over the roofs of homes. My son cleared many a roof that winter and did will $.

rocmoc n AZ

Gotta keep the fish alive:R

Very true! When you talk about water rights, min stream level / water rights for the fish are FIRST / #1. Then the farmers before business & personal use. What I never totally agreed with was the water for the Steel Head in the Delta as they are not a native species. A LOT of water is wasted thu the Delta to keep the salt water level down because of the Steel Head.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
rocmoc wrote:
Voters of California voted down many water projects during the 80s when I worked for the Dept of Water Resources. Much of the blame belongs to the people of California themselves! Every project has winners and losers when built and the people chose to not do anything that may or could change the existing natural environment. First hand info as I was there in the planning of the projects and trying to change events. Did in my own community on the local water irrigation district board but the state never was successful.

Also lived in South Tahoe winter '92-'93 when we had a winter with snow over the roofs of homes. My son cleared many a roof that winter and did will $.

rocmoc n AZ

Gotta keep the fish alive:R

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
No problem waiting out the weather, in S. Az, before getting back home again this year(and that would be April) . ๐Ÿ™‚
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, double post!

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer

rocmoc n AZ

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
F-TROUP wrote:
profdant139 wrote:
Gosh, wouldn't that be great! We are so far behind normal this year.

If only we had some place to hold the runoff...

If only gov moonbeam had carried thru his father's plans to build more reservoirs. Maybe last year when the state was awash with water.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:

If only we had some place to hold the runoff...

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
MA could get more than a foot Friday afternoon !

Only in the higher elevations if we get anything at all. Looks like mostly cold, yucky rain. At least I don't have to shovel it! Looks the coast may get slammed, though. Some people are already evacuating.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
just came back from flagstaff wensday they got 7inches tuesday night. you just never know about snow.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
It's just a reminder that winter is not over..

Yep !

60F yesterday in SE MI and 4-6" of snow this afternoon. 40s tomorrow.

MA could get more than a foot Friday afternoon !

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's just a reminder that winter is not over..

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Donโ€™t care about travelers! They can go around our Sierras. Rain and snow in California. Thank God!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad