cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
274 REPLIES 274

CLNatureCenter
Explorer
Explorer

Neal Taylor Nature Center here! We have volunteer camp hosts throughout the year and we offer camp sites at the beautiful Cachuma Lake in Santa Barbara, CA! Check us out at clnaturecenter.org ... Camp host position applications always open!

@CLNatureCenter what is a camp host? 

What a great opportunity.  Thank you so much for the information!

Smdunnjr
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hi, I’m new to RV life, my wife and I dove headfirst after a workers comp settlement. Bought older equipment so we didn’t have any payments (already $4k deeper in repairs in 3 months).

2003 Ford F-350 6.0 diesel lariat 

2004 Coachmen Somerset Dreamcatcher 35RLTS

We’re no longer working, my wife has been disability over 20 years, my disability is recent from an unsuccessful back surgery. We will be traveling mostly California, it’s a big state and lots to see. Our “home base” is at my mother in laws in Ceres, CA. Last year knowing my surgery was unsuccessful I founded a YouTube page. It’s about stuff I like which includes RV life (https://youtu.be/zriV3X9wwSY?si=I_EpAMleIsSOcacG). And we have two black cats that travel with us.

Hello. My name is Andrew and my wife and I are started with an older travel trailer as well. We loved camping so much we bought a newer one. I'll be sure to look at your Youtube page.

Brd2trs
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hello. 

I'm new to Good Sam having left AAA after 22 years.  I am a full-timer right now because I refuse to pay the insane rents in my area.  I grew up camping so I'm perfectly happy on my RV.  I am renovating my 1991 Pace Arrow while I'm in it and have the resources.  So far so good!  You may see me on other boards reaching out for questions on plumbing and electrical.  

Happy travels!

I’m not good with plumbing or electrical but I understand the high rent issue.

Smokie1
Explorer
Explorer

I recently acquired a Monaco Caymen for my next life stage. Based in Colorado and looking toward exploring New England. I spent my younger life there and want to enjoy the geography and the culture that I remember.

I have an addiction to old airplanes and the grass roots airports like the one I experienced as a youngster.

1000000045.jpg

I would like to commune with folks of like minds.

HRock87
Explorer
Explorer

Good Morning. I am brand new to RV-ing, and RV adventures. My wife and I just purchased our first RV together (a 2024 Cherokee Wolf Pup Black Label) and just took it out for the first time as a test run last weekend. Overall, it was a great experience. I really liked it. We have a big trip coming up in April and I want to be as ready as I possibly can for it. I have spent many a sleepless night reading papers on the appliances and looking at YouTube videos on RV-ing (site setup, maintenace/repairs, and adventure and life-style.)  It's a lot of work and repairs (it seems)  but also like loads of fun. My dream is to be able to take our Pup to the Florida Keys, and to fulfill my wife's dream of seeing Maine in the fall for the change of seasons.

Any and all advice is appreciated, and I will, hopefully, see some of you on the road!

No YouTube channel yet, but who knows; maybe in the future once I have some experience to give.

Stay safe, and enjoy the ride!

I’ve been watching HappilyEverHanks on YouTube for inspiration. I’m not a very mechanical person and they aren’t either. They feel like they are at my level or slightly above.

Welcome and hopefully you will be comfortable and gain confidence 

WisTexan
Explorer III
Explorer III

Good morning everyone, not sure where our travels will all take us this year yet; possibly a quick Wisconsin trip in mid April; and a definite trip with the Monaco America Group to the America's Best Camp Ground in Branson, Missouri May 3 to 10.  Donna, Midnite and I will be traveling in our 2008 Monaco Camelot pulling our 2019 Ram Laramie.2008 Monaco Camelot5.jpg2008 Monaco Camelot12 - Copy.jpg2019 Ram Laramie.jpg2019 Ram Laramie2.jpg

Nice rig but it needs sunshine not snow

That's an awesome setup. I really like it.  

Americanwanderr
Explorer
Explorer

New here... I'm a boondocking Nomad that's stuck in Wilmington, NC. I traveled for 4 years in a self converted shuttle bus RV and mobile sign shop.  I am now working on converting an 8 x 16 foot V-nose cargo trailer into my new RV and sign shop. I have been a sign man all my life so even when I'm retired I still do signs and designs for my local area and for lots of nomads I meet along the way l am keeping a video series of my builds on my YT channel if you're interested let me know and will send a link.

My old chevy S-10 died and I had to purchase a new/used truck that can tow my trailer, so I will be asking for some advice on how to set up my truck for the best way to hit the road.

thanks in advance

jim Tinker   - AKA JT -  The American Wanderer on YT...