cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIDEO of a seriously impressive solar system.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Very large and impressive solar system on Host Mammoth.
This looks like a no expense spared solar electric system. I estimate 1500 watts solar and 900 AH Lithium. I didn't get a chance to speak with the owner.
Apologies for the wind noise, it just never stops blowing during this Truck Camper Rally.
7 REPLIES 7

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
That rig was in the running for the "Best Rig of the Show" in 2023 TCA rally
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
A side note, the solar array will provide shade on the roof reducing heat entering through the roof.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
“ Run time will be determined by the air conditioner power draw and battery capacity….”

Consider too that it’s often concurrent with solar harvest - batteries, as a intermediate storage reservoir..

3 tons

Bedlam
Run time will be determined by the air conditioner power draw and battery capacity. Many use higher voltage battery banks to reduce the need for extremely heavy cables. Host has a number of off-grid packages that be pre-installed and are listed on the website. Those wanting more or something different, go the custom route alone or with a third party.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
How long can a 12 volt AC run without a recharge from a generator? Will the bats recharge during the sunny day even with th unit running? Sorry for typo I'm on my tablet at the beach.

With fantastic WiFi by the way, on the sand.

everyone must be out for dinner. Lol

Bedlam
Some guys boon dock with AC and no generator. For that you need these kinds setups.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

csh_2088
Explorer
Explorer
I am all for solar panels and upgrading but sometimes people go crazy. Don't think a truck camper needs that much power.