cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Reunion Cuisine

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
For our next family reunion I'm doing all the breakfasts and the sons and daughters are doing the rest. Bacon-themed of course.

Adding bacon to this recipe for sure. Kent Rollins' Cheesy Breakfast Enchiladas
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
5 REPLIES 5

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wanderlost wrote:
For some reason, Monte Cristo sandwiches just popped into my brain. But instead of doing the French toast fry up, I did a search for a baked version. And here it is: Baked Monte Cristo

I'm sure y'all will have enough cast iron dutch ovens and griddles to get them all baked (inside or outside) to feed the crowd at more or less the same time...

Great idea. Putting it on the menu.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
For some reason, Monte Cristo sandwiches just popped into my brain. But instead of doing the French toast fry up, I did a search for a baked version. And here it is: Baked Monte Cristo

I'm sure y'all will have enough cast iron dutch ovens and griddles to get them all baked (inside or outside) to feed the crowd at more or less the same time...
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s not a game. Itโ€™s our annual family reunion and all meals have a bacon theme. The family is large enough and old enough to be sharing cast iron chef duties so we assigned mealtimes to our grown children to pass along the traditions and exchange recipes. Iโ€™m in charge of the breakfasts this year.

Magnus

Explorer II
Explorer II
Didn't we play this game Last Year?
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
I love Kent Rollins' recipe's for the blackstone griddle. Sounds good.

***I might need new glasses prescription -- or make the font bigger in my browser -- I read your title as "Family Reunion CRUISE" ... not cuisine.