Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1986 Dodge B350 FALCON Van

Salsapants
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

I recently purchased a 1986 Dodge Falcon camper van. Currently has 59k miles, and runs great. Im currently working on some small things it needs here and there, such as small leaks and stuff. My main issue is that I can't hardly find anything about these vans, or rather the company that converted it.

Im trying to find replacement covers for the outside electrical plug area. If anyone could help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Salsapants, I bought a new 1984 Intervec Horizon on a Dodge chassis. The Horizon was the kid brother to the Falcon. Horizons were on a 3/4 ton chassis and the Falcons were on a one ton chassis and a couple of feet longer. Intervec closed in the late 1990s and the people that had designed and built the Horizons and Falcons opened a plant and built Class C motorhomes named Phoenix Cruiser. We own a Phoenix Cruiser and it is very remindful to me of our old Intervec Horizon. Same designers and builders.

I was cleaning out old files a couple of years ago and came across the original sales brochure for the Horizon and Falcons when we bought ours. They changed little over the years. If you will pm me and give me an email address I will send you a pdf of the brochure. You can find out a lot about your rig in that brochure because it lists a lot of capacities, specs, etc.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
i think your looking for the electrical hatch door like this

Electric Power Cord Cable Hatch

others here

Power Cord Cable Hatch

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice looking rig. If you are able to travel to the RV show in Quartzsite, AZ in January, you probably would be able to find lots of parts for the older rigs at some of the street vendors. I see lots of older rigs around Quartzsite in the winter.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Salsapants
Explorer
Explorer

Salsapants
Explorer
Explorer
https://imgur.com/gallery/qqUVzin

I have recently gotten new tires for it (it was much needed!)

Inside, everything aside from the fridge works. Roof top AC blows COLD! I need to go through it some more, and I need to learn how to operate the water tanks, as I know the fresh water tank has some left in it, and I would like to clean it out.

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
Those are sweet looking. Post pictures.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
times 2 put complete new on the old one,s are sun baked brittle.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
37 years old - Perhaps just replace the entire plug, cover and all...

Sometimes an old well stocked hardware store in a small town will have forgotten items in the attic...
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob