cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been a long time

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't posted in a very long time. On Oct 28 2021 my life changed forever. I had a hemorrhage stroke. I spent 6 months in assisted living center learning to function. My neighbors took care of my Collies and a good friend would bring me home on weekends to visit them.

While I was away three people tried to steal my truck. A driver a lookout and the person breaking in. A neighbor happened to see what was going on a highlighted them with a spotlight and they took off without the truck.

After I was back home a worker from Reno County Healthcare stole $500. from me. I'm learning to walk with thearpy and don't have the use of my left arm and hand.

If I was a Collie I would of had me put to sleep. Speaking of Collies Sawyer and Sasha are doing well and one of the reasons I work so hard for my recovery.

To top it off Silver Rapids lodge was sold and the new owners are evicting all the seasonal's. I have until October 1st to have my trailer and shed off the property. Some good friends from Texas are helping me do this.

Since I have been away from the forum for so long I assume Richard has passed.

Take care Colliehauler.
9 REPLIES 9

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Prayers for a full recovery for you. I'm sorry about your horrible year. I've had those too. May things get straightened out for the best.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Shadow57
Explorer
Explorer
Prayers for quick healing and so sorry for the bad luck. Hopefully it's all behind you. I bet the dogs are so happy you're home. Glad you have good friends to help you get moved. So good to hear from you. Good luck with the move and let us know where you land.

I agree with Scottiemom, wouldn't know you had a stroke.

So happy they caught the skunk.
2017 Forest River Forester 3051S

2014 Ram DRW 3500 Laramie Crew Cab

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Hugs and prayers headed your way.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Sending tail wags and hugs for your continued recovery!!
Deb
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
This morning caught a Skunk in the live trap called the city to pick it up. Hopefully the dogs don't get sprayed again. They will put out another trap.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m sorry for your troubles and health issues but glad to hear from you.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Wow, I am so sorry for your health problems, Colliehauler. Thank God for good friends. I often fear what would happen if I had such health challenges as I am all alone now since my DH died.

I am amazed at your posts. . . they are flawless and I would not expect that from a stroke victim, but it is great that you are communicating so well.

So glad your collies are helping you to heal. You WILL get better and they are there for you. I will pray for your continued improvement. Keep us posted.

Yes, Richard did pass away within the last year, I think. The info is on the Old Fella thread. Not much gets posted on that thread anymore, but occasionally something pops up.

Take care and keep working hard for those collies. They want you well!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

dturm
Dan, so good to hear from you again and so sorry for your issues medical and personal. I hope the dogs continue to give you comfort and support.

We'll be thinking of you.

Doug
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Icing on the cake is I need several thousands in Dental work. Hope all the Foofs are doing well and enjoying traveling. Hope to be doing the same in the future.

Almost forgot two weeks ago both Collies got sprayed by a Skunk. Then last week they were sprayed again. My house-keeper bathed them both times. The city set out a trap but the only thing it's caught was a possum.

Does my life sound like a country and western song? I remember the phrase if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

It's been a long time since the first Old Fella Rally in Branson MO.