cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV that makes it's own water!

BigSwick
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how much one of these gizmos cost. Add a composting toilet and plenty of solar, you could camp indefinitely!
https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-living-vehicle-luxury-340000-rv-trailer-creates-water-air-2022-7
19 REPLIES 19

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Tvov wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:

Actually, boondocking or as it's called locally, "savage camping"

Oooo... "savage camping". Sounds much cooler than "boondocking". I need to remember that!

That's the only reason I remember it.
- Boondocking makes me think I'm a hick in bib overalls in a van down by the river.
- Savage Camping makes me think I'm Rambo and just dropped out of a tree with a bowie knife to get a deer then dragging it back to camp for dinner.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:

Actually, boondocking or as it's called locally, "savage camping"

Oooo... "savage camping". Sounds much cooler than "boondocking". I need to remember that!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
PButler96 wrote:
1995brave wrote:
Are these the same Hofmann's that tried gold mining in Alaska?

If so I guess that didn't pan out? Ba Da Ching.

How do you cram enough stuff worth about $300K into what is basically a 26' aluminum cargo trailer? 24kt rivets?
You don't, or can't, not even if it wipes your arse, as PButler96 so eloquently put it.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:

If so I guess that didn't pan out? Ba Da Ching.

How do you cram enough stuff worth about $300K into what is basically a 26' aluminum cargo trailer? 24kt rivets?
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Are these the same Hofmann's that tried gold mining in Alaska?"

"You are all millionaires! You just gotta dig it outa the ground."
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
only 330,000 dollars. what a deal.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:

Actually, boondocking or as it's called locally, "savage camping" is quite popular in France and any small town will have a nice bakery to get croissants.

As a bonus those small towns probably sponsor classes in the finer points of fleeing, waving white flags, frying potatoe sticks, and making toast.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
PButler96 wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
At $340,000 sounds like a good deal for Musk, Gates, Bezos, etc.

Except for the fact there are not many places to boondock in the South of France. I also doubt you'll find the blonde tossing the salad or the DB playing with his laptop in one of the article pictures too far off the beaten path anytime soon. There are not enough Starbucks locations out there in the boonies. Where did she get the lettuce and the Croissants? Whole foods or did she grow lettuce and wheat on the RV roof?

Actually, boondocking or as it's called locally, "savage camping" is quite popular in France and any small town will have a nice bakery to get croissants.

Finding the blonde and not having the wife take issue is another story.

Be very careful using air/con condensate (or a dehumidifier). The fins are not particularly clean and tend to grow some interesting fauna that might have nasty results if you try to drink the water.

A good reverse osmosis system with proper prefiltration makes far more sense if you don't have a clean water source.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
"Wildly popular RV company..."...

Who? "Living Vehicle"?? From the pictures I thought it is a European company, but it is in the USA?

I just looked up some info on them. Yes, USA company.

Best known RV company no ones heard of.

Looks like they are selling European style travel trailers.

Interesting ideas.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:

Except for the fact there are not many places to boondock in the South of France. I also doubt you'll find the blonde tossing the salad or the DB playing with his laptop in one of the article pictures too far off the beaten path anytime soon. There are not enough Starbucks locations out there in the boonies. Where did she get the lettuce and the Croissants? Whole foods or did she grow lettuce and wheat on the RV roof?

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
So how many gallons per day can they make in AZ ?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ribeyes? Is PButler96 offering dinner to discuss this issue?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad