cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just checking in

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I hope everyone's having a good summer so far are the fuel prices slowing you down or not?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus
10 REPLIES 10

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
they slowed us down. If I was still working as an engineer we probably would have went somewhere a little farther from home & stayed longer but since I'm a small business owner now more days off is difficult and so higher fuel prices was our excuse to stay closer to home.

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

dedmiston
I just drove from central Florida to So Cal. I could have taken I-10 or I-40 and done it in 2,500 miles, but I took a bunch of detours to see the sights and tacked another 1,000 miles onto the trip.

I would have liked it if the fuel price had been lower, but I still want to enjoy life and see things that aren't on the interstate.

On the other hand, I drove up to Spangler yesterday just to see a little of the desert, shoot some targets, and get a shake at Randsburg. I put $100 in the tank before I left and my Low Fuel light went off when I got home. It's crazy to see a trip up there without the toy hauler still cost a hundred bucks.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Mmaxed
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fuel price not slowing us down. Life and weather have some, but instead of our usual go up Fri back Sun, we are going for longer. We went up Tues or Wed before the fourth and stayed till the fourth. Then we left the hauler in the woods for the kids and their friends to enjoy till the 10th when we went and retrieved it. Went again for a week, though I did have to come home and work for a day.

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, not slowing us down.
In fact I'm adding another 40 gallon fuel tank to my Warrior this weekend so I can haul more gas for the toys!!!!!!!!
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
My attitude has always been to focus on getting fuel and not the price.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
QCMan wrote:
Not one bit! We did not get a travel trailer to save money but to enjoy the world around us. Yes, overnight at a campground is way cheaper than a hotel but it takes a lot of camping to cover the initial cost of the rv and the added cost of fuel. Like any hobby, the only true return is the enjoyment it gives you.
AMEN !!
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Latner wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Fuel prices are not slowing me down. Pi$$ing me off, yes. Slowing me down, no.

x2

X3
2 major trips (over 10,000 towing miles, 100 nights) and just starting a minor, 1000 miles for 3 weeks.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

x2

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not one bit! We did not get a travel trailer to save money but to enjoy the world around us. Yes, overnight at a campground is way cheaper than a hotel but it takes a lot of camping to cover the initial cost of the rv and the added cost of fuel. Like any hobby, the only true return is the enjoyment it gives you.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member