cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Type Nail is This?

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of nails in my 72 years, but never one like this. This was toe-nailed into a shelf in my travel trailer. It was loose so I pulled it out. Does anyone know if this type nail has a specific function?

https://imgur.com/a/vCSfrRX
6 REPLIES 6

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:
I have used many picture hooks, but none with a fancy nail.

What is the purpose?

The picture hangs on the HOOK. How does having a nail with a fancy washer, that looks like a sprocket, help the picture stay put? Seems from the pictures, that it just forces the head out farther...in the way.

Dont know what to tell you other than this type of nail comes with the brackets for picture hanging. The package is labeled Professional Pucture Hangers by Ook. Www.ook.com
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
I have used many picture hooks, but none with a fancy nail.

What is the purpose?

The picture hangs on the HOOK. How does having a nail with a fancy washer, that looks like a sprocket, help the picture stay put? Seems from the pictures, that it just forces the head out farther...in the way.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely, a nail used in conjunction with a hangar usually brass, for hanging pictures.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
StarkNaked wrote:
It's the type of nail used in picture hangers.

Amazon link: Hanger

Thanks! Mystery solved. The previous owner must have wanted to stabilize the shelf and that was the only nail he could find.

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
StarkNaked wrote:

Thank you for posting that link. I have never seen such a thing before
:E :B

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II