cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help . No shore power

code3run
Explorer
Explorer
My sons trailer is an Eclipes Attitude 21AK 2008. We plugged into shore power like we have since it was new and we get nothing ! No shore power at all . Checked breakers. We never had a problem . Is there a transfer switch or something to check ?

Thank you
Cory
2008 ATTITUDE 21AK
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 5.7 lit

01 Yamaha yz 125

2 boys 13 and 16
a wife
a dog named Dusty
29 REPLIES 29

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
code3run wrote:
Well I really appreciate all the help and today we finally discovered my problem . Iโ€™m no electrician by any means but we previously had the power cord spliced together with wire crimps and taped up . Well as we were pulling the tape off to check the crimps the wires pulled right out . We went and but some heavy duty crimps that require a screwdriver and re spliced and everything works perfect !

are you referring to "butt connectors" if so those are LOW VOLTAGE ONLY. Suggest replacing the power cord, or cutting and adding a male/female plug, then use the one piece as an extension cord.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Y-Guy
code3run thanks for following up, glad you got it resolved.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

code3run
Explorer
Explorer
Well I really appreciate all the help and today we finally discovered my problem . Iโ€™m no electrician by any means but we previously had the power cord spliced together with wire crimps and taped up . Well as we were pulling the tape off to check the crimps the wires pulled right out . We went and but some heavy duty crimps that require a screwdriver and re spliced and everything works perfect !
2008 ATTITUDE 21AK

01 Yamaha yz 125

2 boys 13 and 16
a wife
a dog named Dusty

Y-Guy
code3run on my old Raptor it was near where the 50amp cable plugged in, but behind a wall in the storage area. Getting to it was a pain.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

code3run
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
code3run wrote:
12 volt Iโ€™m fine . But when I plug in shore Power nothing works . No lights , nothing . Yes tested the outlet in the garage and works fine. I feel that the trailer is not switching over to 110v??
Use that same voltmeter to check voltage on the RV main breakers in the distribution panel.

Then check each connection back to the cord inlet.

Anything else is a wild guess.

Built in generator
2008 ATTITUDE 21AK

01 Yamaha yz 125

2 boys 13 and 16
a wife
a dog named Dusty

code3run
Explorer
Explorer
I will look for the transfer switch .
2008 ATTITUDE 21AK

01 Yamaha yz 125

2 boys 13 and 16
a wife
a dog named Dusty

Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
Our 2010 Fuzion had a recall for the Iota transfer switch. You might check to see if your trailer is also affected.
That's a good catch. IOTA ITS-50R transfer switches were being recalled from 2008-2011.

Is this a 50A trailer?
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
code3run wrote:
12 volt Iโ€™m fine . But when I plug in shore Power nothing works . No lights , nothing . Yes tested the outlet in the garage and works fine. I feel that the trailer is not switching over to 110v??
The lights are AC?

And you also did not confirm with us that you have power at the end of the cord plugging into the camper. You just said something like โ€œitโ€™s always worked.โ€
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 2010 Fuzion had a recall for the Iota transfer switch. You might check to see if your trailer is also affected.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
code3run wrote:
My sons trailer is an Eclipes Attitude 21AK 2008. We plugged into shore power like we have since it was new and we get nothing ! No shore power at all . Checked breakers. We never had a problem . Is there a transfer switch or something to check ?

Thank you
Cory

Hi code3run,

If it works on the generator then it may be that the transfer switch is not working.

Try bypassing the transfer switch.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
code3run wrote:
Use that same voltmeter to check voltage on the RV main breakers in the distribution panel.

Then check each connection back to the cord inlet.

Anything else is a wild guess.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Did you plug the trailer cord into a generator? Or does the trailer have a built in generator?

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
code3run wrote:
Yes as far as where Iโ€™m plugged in is good. Been plugging trailer in since it was new same spot . I just fired up the generator and everything kicks on like it should . Now just turned generator off and plugged trailer back in and nothing . No power . Where might the transfer switch be ? Thanks for all the he help I really appreciate it

I'm still not clear that there is power at the household outlet. Just because it used to work doesn't mean the breaker on the house panel hasn't popped or something else in the household system failed.

Always start at the source and work your way downstream:
- Start with a multimeter at the outlet and check for voltage.
- Then plug in the cord and check the far end of the cord to make sure you have voltage.
- Then trace the cables to the transfer switch (assuming there is a built in generator) and check the voltage going into the switch and coming out the other side.
- Then go to the breaker panel and check for voltage.
- Etc..

Eventually, you should find that the 120v power is no longer there and now you have a good idea of where the issue is.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If rig has a genset, diconnect from shore power, start it and see if anything works.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker