cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"Solar" Sub-Forum

PerryB67
Explorer
Explorer
There is a need for a "Solar" sub-forum. Members either have to wade through the "Tech Issues" sub-forum or the "Technology Corner" sub-forum. I doubt I'm the only one who has this issue using the Good Sam Open Roads Forum.

If others would contact RV.net perhaps we could get a "Solar" sub-forum.

Thanks,

Perry
2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
2019 F150 Max Tow, Max Springs, 3.5 EB Quad Cab
Victron 712, Victron 100/20, Victron 100/30
160 Watts on the Roof, 100 watt portable
Two 100 ah SOK LFP Batteries
43 REPLIES 43

dedmiston
I think this conversation has run its course.

Say g'night, Dick. G'night Dick.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
I need an online tutorial of how RV Solar system work. The more I search online the more confusicated I become. Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
PerryB67 wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Well, it's hard to complain too much about a free forum, but I guess I complain about Facebook too.
Every forum I'm on is free, but none are as close to being as extremely dated as this forum.

I'll adapt.

Enjoy,

Perry

"Dated"? (Are you one of those tech snobs?) Some of us are getting "dated" for real, and think this is all magic.

Some of us even read "books" you turn the pages (To steal another guy's example).
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey Jo as someone stated earlier neither the IRV2 or Escapees forums have a Solar sub forum and they are also free. Cheers

PerryB67
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Well, it's hard to complain too much about a free forum, but I guess I complain about Facebook too.
Every forum I'm on is free, but none are as close to being as extremely dated as this forum.

I'll adapt.

Enjoy,

Perry
2016 Bigfoot 25RQ

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
The way it is works for me sort of. When I had a 5er I followed that, and now a C I follow that. TC too a little. Agree the truck forum is especially valuable--got/get a lot of help there.

EG, the 5er guys ask about stuff that belongs on Tech Issues and they get some strange answers from other 5er guys.

"Active" makes it easy so you don't have to check each one. Good point that if all there was is the Active one and people chose their subject titles well, that is all you would need to do your picking from.

That would eliminate the confusion where people try Technology first instead of Tech. No "duplicate" posts in other forums either.

The archive search is pretty bad though. Very chancy you can find even your own posts on a topic from ten years ago that is the same thing as somebody wants to know now. Just how it is.

I am glad there will be no changes--old dog new tricks and all that.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

dedmiston
PerryB67 wrote:
This doesn't surprise me. The software is ancient, looks like mid-90's written by hackers, and it's now obvious that Good Sam is going to milk it forever.

Enjoy,

Perry

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

PerryB67
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
I just got word back. I guess it's too late for me to apologize for being a buzzkill since I've been a buzzkill since the git go with this discussion, but now I'm even buzzkillier.

This isn't a self-service enhancement for the moderation team. I confirmed it with Admin. We would need to get help from the dev team, but that's not currently an option.

Sorry to dash your hopes and dreams, but this change isn't going to happen under our current conditions.

This doesn't surprise me. The software is ancient, looks like mid-90's written by hackers, and it's now obvious that Good Sam is going to milk it forever.

Enjoy,

Perry
2016 Bigfoot 25RQ

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd use the search feature on here, with "solar" in the subject and in the Tech forum. Works great as long as the word solar is in the subject line.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
dedmiston wrote:
I just got word back. I guess it's too late for me to apologize for being a buzzkill since I've been a buzzkill since the git go with this discussion, but now I'm even buzzkillier.

This isn't a self-service enhancement for the moderation team. I confirmed it with Admin. We would need to get help from the dev team, but that's not currently an option.

Sorry to dash your hopes and dreams, but this change isn't going to happen under our current conditions.

Oh well, was a good discussion for a bit.. as for your other statment about forums with sub catagories, I am on several for other things like trucks and such and I love them as I dont have to look at stuff that doesnt apply or interest me. there is one on this site I like and thats the canada alaska, I never have to look at the alaska stuff and its great.. to cold up there anyways ๐Ÿ˜‰

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
IRV2 forum has a technology sector but no sub forum for solar, However, they have a search box for the forum and I entered Solar term and received many hits. They do have a going Green sector. The Escapees forum has a Technical sector but no sub forum for Solar.

dedmiston
pianotuna wrote:
I do love this forum above all the others. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Don, but it wouldn't be what it is without stalwart contributors like you.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I do love this forum above all the others. Keep up the good work.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

dedmiston

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230