Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable Rolling 5-10 Gal Water Container

Steakman
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy folks..

One of the issues that comes up from time to time is a lack of fresh water. If on a weekend get away, both the wife n I like to have a shower at least once...add in a couple nights dishes - toilets flushing - Hand washing afterwards - teeth brushing before bed...the tank is near empty.

RELIANCE used to offer an exceptional pce of equipment: 7 gallon, wheeled and a large opening at the top to insert a manual vacuum bilge pump & one could easily add sufficient water without having to hold a 5 Gallon Collapsable type up in the air (50lbs)for the 7--10 minutes it takes to fully empty.

If any of you have any suggestions as to something similar and where to acquire..?? I'd greatly appreciate it.

I do have a potential Reliance one..but the seller is unsure if his distributor still has one in stock - heres hoping (E-Bay).

Cheers and Thank you
Theo
M'self and the Bride...of 32 yrs

'06 GMC DMax CCSB 594,545 km

(368,890 miles)

2003 Citation 26RKS

5 REPLIES 5

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
5-10 gallon containers don't really help that much, unless you have about 10 of them. I carry 3- 26 gallon custom-made tanks on the truck bed. I'm not much into conservation.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
The biggest single improvement that you can make is to conserve water. Clearly using a full tank on a weekend trip falls way short of that.

I do lots of remote camping in the desert SW where it is often difficult to find water. It is also often hot and I spend my days outside hiking. I want a daily shower. My daily water use is about 2 gallons for drinking and washing dishes. A navy style shower uses 1 gallon. So I count on using 3 gallons per day. If my wife is with me she uses a bit more water for rinsing her hair so her showers are about 1.5 gallons and the daily total use is about 5 gallons. That number is certainly towards the minimal side, but it is certainly not difficult to keep well under 10 gallons a day.

I did not mention flushing the toilet. We have a cassette toilet with a separate 6 gallon tank that lasts at least a week or two.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Amazon has several that may suit your needs.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or, you could get a $20 drill pump and a couple of 5 gallon water containers. If you want to go all out, a 12V water pump with a switch would work great.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
I think the product you're referring to is the Reliance Hydroller, which as you said, seems to be discontinued and out of stock everywhere.

Some companies sell a rolling wastewater tote, which they say is good for freshwater too since it's made of food safe HDPE. Just don't mix uses between freshwater and wastewater ๐Ÿ™‚

Or maybe you could make your own rolling tote by strapping a water container of your choice to a Folding 2 Wheel Hand Cart