cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace Hydraulic Slideout with In Wall

gregmuri
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever converted to an in-wall slide out mechanism like the Schwintek? My bedroom slide has the mechanism under the bed but the slide does not go all the way to the floor. I would like to modify to free up the floor space. My searching has been much less than productive in locating a source or guidance on whether this is a possibility.
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Modify a correctly working slide? Not a good idea IMO for a newbie or experienced RVer.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anything is possible! The biggest challenges are having a dry place to work and equipment to remove the slide. Larger slides are installed/removed with a forklift. I was able to handle the slide removal on my Lance renovation with a couple of buddies because it's only 18" deep and about 6' wide.

Then you have to deal with opening up the walls to handle the installation and framing, and also the wiring and switches needed.

Hard to see the value of this for the time spent unless you are retired are looking for something to do besides play golf....

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Schwintek is a terrible slide system but it's your choice.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE